Recent content by Mark_P

1. Mark_P

Mini Splits: One head per floor with multiple rooms?

@Dana So I went ahead and did my best to run the CoolCalc Manual J calculation and did two scenarios: aggressive & conservative. Aggressive got me to roughly 10,000 BTUs for cooling load and conservative got me to 14,500 BTUs cooling load. The biggest difference was what I specified for the...
  2. Mark_P

Dana, thank you for the super detailed reply. I will certainly check out one of the free Manual J calculators you linked and see how it jives with the proposed set-up. That’s good news to hear for the Carrier units! We’re using hydronic baseboard heating, so the mini-split would only serve...
  3. Mark_P

Hey guys, new user here. I'm in a similar situation as this individual was a few years ago on this thread. My wife and I are looking to get mini splits installed in our cape cod house which is in central NJ by the shore, is 1300 sq ft (on paper), is on slab, has 2 (100 and 150 sq ft) bedrooms...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks