Recent content by Mark1400

1. Mark1400

Double kitchen sink clogging issue

Thanks all for the replies - looks like I have some reconfiguring to do.
  2. Mark1400

There is a baffle on the tee. It splits the middle of the tee, so that the water coming from either horizontal arm hits the baffle and drops down the vertical tail.
  3. Mark1400

The attached picture shows how my double kitchen sink is plumbed. The left sink is only used for drying dishes, with only an occasional cleaning/rinsing of the sink. The garbage disposal on the right is used sparingly - plates are scrapped before a quick rinse so only minimal small food scraps...
  4. Mark1400

Venting options for bathroom remodel

Thanks for the feedback. If I have dual sinks, each going into the 3" line separately (the vanity layout may prevent a combined single drain into the 3" line), then I assume will still just need one AAV?
  5. Mark1400

Venting options for bathroom remodel

I am doing a bathroom remodel on a second floor and will be moving the toilet and sink locations. I will be able to access the floor joists from the first floor to run new drain pipe, then run it down to the basement through a closet. But I don't see how I can connect to existing vent stack...
  6. Mark1400

Flushing water pipes to remove buildup of manganese/iron

Thanks for the feedback. These are mostly copper pipes, those that are accessible (in basement) have mostly been changed over to PEX.
  7. Mark1400

Flushing water pipes to remove buildup of manganese/iron

I have a plumbing issue that has been diagnosed as buildup of manganese/iron in my water pipes. The house is on well water, and a whole house filter and aerating iron oxidizer installed about 3 years ago. But we are seeing some particles in the water that could be previous buildup in the pipes...
  8. Mark1400

Double kitchen sink clogs on one side

Thanks for the information. I did notice how the dishwasher was routed - not sure why they did it that way, but easy enough to change. The center tee does have a baffle.
  9. Mark1400

Double kitchen sink clogs on one side

I have a double kitchen sink that is plumbed per the attached picture. The left sink bowl is almost never has water running in it - it used to dry dishes, and only occasionally has water run in it to clean the bowl. Several times now I've had to clean the tail piece out because of a clog - the...
  10. Mark1400

Venting Suggestions for bathroom addition

Thanks Wayne. I could add the dry vent between the shower and toilet as you suggest - as there is a wall that I could run it up into. It would be about 4' from the shower trap puts me within the 6' limit. I could terminate this with an AAV, as it would be easily accessible. I could possibly...
  11. Mark1400

Venting Suggestions for bathroom addition

I am in the process of adding a bathroom above a garage addition and am looking for ideas on how best to vent the fixtures. The attached diagram shows how the drains are currently plumbed (nothing is sheetrocked yet). The shower, toilet and sinks all connect in to a 3" pipe that ultimately...
  12. Mark1400

Using an AAV on an addition

I am in the process of building an addition to my house and will be adding a bathroom. Because of the layout, the main drain from the bathroom addition exits the house and connects to the main drain from the house just prior to my septic tank. I was thinking of using an AAV for the bathroom to...
  13. Mark1400

Where to plumb in a water softener?

Where should I plumb a water softener given the below layout of existing house filter, pressure tank and water heater? From what I've researched, you should install it after your pressure tank, but given how mine is plumbed, there is no'after'. Would I experience any issues plumbing it right...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks