Recent content by Kevin2u

1. Kevin2u

Softener introducing air into my water lines

I put in a new softener 4 months ago and get air in my water after every re-gen. I hope this will help me. Thanks in advance.
  2. Kevin2u

Fleck 5800SXT with 1.5 GAC then 48K set up settings

Update. My water is now testing soft. Now I'm looking for ways to test for other contaminants in my water. Thanks for such a great forum and members!
  3. Kevin2u

Plumbing for Water Softener

I just installed my 48k unit using the cheap vinyl 1/2" tubing. It does have kinks in it from the way it is packaged, I do not recommend it. One week later and it still has pinched areas. Reach4 has been a great help!!
  4. Kevin2u

I now see what you have been working to explain to me (GEE). Yes both units are 1.5 ft3. I just tested my water supply is 20 grains. My house water is 5 grains, but I think it has some non treated mixed in the lines?? The shower with KDF screw on filter is 3 grains. Do you know if those sounds...
  5. Kevin2u

Very very helpful again! The older 700 SE unit didn't drain out as fast. It could be I had the valve in bypass when I first started re-gen. 1o minutes later when I moved it to service it blasted water up out of the small drain. The 48K softener w/10% resin and 1.5 cu. ft. carbon both have the...
  6. Kevin2u

C = my softener is 48K so I now understand to change that! The GAC unit is 1.5 cubic media, I set it up on timer!! I just order the Hach 5B, will test next week. I watched it cycle, I didn't see the salt brine go down any? I need to rework my drain to handle the larger volume it puts out. I...
  7. Kevin2u

Just wanted to double check if this is correct? Fleck 5800SXT Settings for 1.5 ft3 softeners: DF = Gal ; Units VT = 5800 ; Valve type RF = DF1b ; Down Flow - Single Backwash CT = Fd ; Regeneration Control Type C = 18.0 ; capacity X 1000 grains H = ? ; Hardness setting grains per gallon...
  8. Kevin2u

Well it has taken this carpenter all day to rework my plumbing and hook up the two units. I found out the instructions assumes the installer knows where to connect the power cord. LOL Next programing! Really could not have been able to do this without everyone helping. THANK YOU
  9. Kevin2u

The input is .25 GPM and .75LB Salt/MIN. I have a few more questions and very thankful for your help!! #1 So does the .25 GPM change anything or just the fact I enter a different value? #2 Does the fact the carbon treating the water before the softener alter the softener settings as opposed to...
  10. Kevin2u

I'm replacing my Fleck 7000 SE with two new tanks both with Fleck 5800 SXT meters. Carbon then the softener. I have read to set carbon on 28 days backwash cycle. I don't know any of the other settings. How long to backwash etc... Then how to set up the 48K softener with 10% resin after the...
  11. Kevin2u

Fleck 5810 SXT constant draining issue

I just bought two 5610 SXT heads one for softener and carbon tank. Have they upgraded these parts? Thank you
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks