Recent content by Jthurm

1. Jthurm

Will this vent layout work? Can I use 1-1/4" for vents?

Thanks for responding! I agree about it begin a painful read. I tried to skim through it to find what I was looking for, but it was difficult. I read page 72 as the number of fixtures (2 sink drains, for example). The way I take it is 1-1/4" pipe can run up to 30 feet and vent two fixtures...
  2. Jthurm

Flushed water tank, all things good, except both toilets now flush with extra symphony

I'm no plumber, just a DIY-er, but here's what I would do. 1) Shut off the water running to the toilet tank. There should be a valve near the toilet. 2) Disconnect the water line at the tank (not the valve side). 3) Aim the water line into a bucket and turn the valve one. Let the water run...
  3. Jthurm

Flushed water tank, all things good, except both toilets now flush with extra symphony

If the toilet lines are spitting, it probably indicates air in the lines and will just take a bit to clear the air out.
  4. Jthurm

I forgot to mention that the wall with the washer is an exterior wall, which is one of the reasons I prefer to use 1-1/4" PVC (smaller holes). Are there any issues with drilling through two exterior studs like that? My only other option would be to vent through the roof, but are there any...
  5. Jthurm

Does replying "bump" this to keep it active for folks?
  6. Jthurm

I can move the trap about 1.5-2" closer to the stud on the left, but I would still be in the same boat with the offset. The box was originally in the stub bay to the left, but that's where I had the issue with stuffing the pex lines in front of the 2" pipe, so I moved it over one bay. I know...
  7. Jthurm

Thanks for responding, Wayne. I could reconfigure the washer box to put the drain on the right side, but my concern is the pex lines being squeezed in front of the 2" pipe. It just seemed wrong to try to shove the pex lines there. Is that common practice? Having the offset drain provided a...
  8. Jthurm

I'm working on a remodel and need some advice on venting two sinks and a washer. Location is Kentucky. I would like to avoid adding any additional venting to the roof and I'm hoping to be able to tie into an existing 3" stack. The biggest hurdle would be turning around two corners, but I think...
  9. Jthurm

Replace broken galvanized wall vent with PVC or air admittance valve?

Thanks for responding, Wayne. To answer your questions: - The vent in only on the kitchen sink. The lavatory drain doesn't have a vent running to the roof (or any other venting). The lav drains to the right, tying into the drain for the kitchen, which is where the broken vent is located. -...
  10. Jthurm

Will replying to this thread "bump" it up a bit to get more views?
  11. Jthurm

There is no attic. I would need to go back to the house to verify, but I believe it was vented like this: 2" galvanized from the basement into the wall behind the kitchen sink galvanized tee behind the sink drain 2" galvanized from the tee to right before the roof line 2" galvanized somehow...
  12. Jthurm

Thanks for responding! There are a couple other vents in the roof, but I believe this is the only one for this section of the plumbing. The house is over 100 years old and this area was an addition. I'll plan to run a new vent to the roof. Is there any way to avoid cutting the old cast iron...
  13. Jthurm

Long time, first time :). I'm replacing galvanized water lines and drains in an old house and one of the sinks has an old 2" galvanized vent running through the roof. The pipe broke somewhere in the wall and looks to be broken just before it reaches the roof. I don't have access to area where...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks