Recent content by JeffNC

1. JeffNC

Kerdi shower

The direction of the valve seal does matter. The one in the picture is installed backward. It does not rely on the escutcheon "sealing it". That's not how it works. When you put in the valve seal the correct way, it's hard to notice but there is a slope to the rim. It slopes toward the wall...
  2. JeffNC

Jetted tub hose connection

Yes understood. Looking back, I don't know why I said they used Rain-R-Shine in the factory - of course I have no way of knowing what they used. I guess after searching what I was finding was that all blue glues seemed to be designed for wet or dry use. So let me rephrase - I don't know why...
  3. JeffNC

Well I can't understand why they would use a product like Rain-R-Shine in dry factory conditions, but I guess they did, so I used what they used (or what I assume they used).
  4. JeffNC

Based on how the jet install went, I believe it was cracked during installation at the factory because it's kind of hard to get it tightened at just the right angle - I think it got overturned. This is what I meant by "hot lava". I still don't understand why you'd use this over Rain-R-Shine...
  5. JeffNC

It's kind of hard to "copy the way it was built" if they don't tell you what cement they used and you don't have any experience with that stuff. So I took a closer look at the hose, and it seems to be a 2 layer design. Basically the outer layer looks like clear reinforced vinyl. The inner...
  6. JeffNC

Oh my gosh. IT'S RESIDUE. THE NIPPLE ON THE JET GOES INSIDE THE FLEX TUBE. THE TUBE DOES NOT GO INTO THE JET. The jet basically looks like this, except there were no barbs on the jet nipple after I removed the tube. Unless the barbs were there originally and got dissolved by the cement...
  7. JeffNC

Well, go back and look at the original photo I posted. There are no barb as I mentioned in post #5, and the PVC stubout of the jet is glued into the inside of the hose. So I'm wondering, is there some kind of PVC lining inside the hose, or does the cement work on that kind of plastic as well...
  8. JeffNC

Or is this blue cement "hot lava" cement or something else?
  9. JeffNC

Sure, but what is the glue? Is it the Rain-R-Shine product, or something else? I'm really not sure what the material is on the inside of the hose I'm attaching to. I know the jet is PVC but what exactly is this glue other than "blue"? I was assuming the Rain-R-Shine cement was actually blue...
  10. JeffNC

No, I'm talking of course about the inner surface of the hose. Read again where I said "inner surface of the flex hose". I'm assuming that PVC cement joins PVC to PVC. is there some sort of PVC lining on the hose, or does the hose material just work with PVC cement?
  11. JeffNC

It turns out I was wrong and because of the routing there was enough slack in the hose to cut it off and still put it back on. There is no barb on the fitting. When you say flex line with a PVC outer coating, do you really mean PVC inner coating? That would make sense. I've seen the...
  12. JeffNC

Does anyone know what the blue stuff is in the photo? I need to replace that upper left jet (as you can see there is a crack in it), and there isn't enough slack in the hose to cut it and reattach it. I'd like to get the hose off and then reattach correctly, if anyone has any pointers.
  13. JeffNC

Down force drain tube replacement

If I get desparate I might go that route. They don't show the tailpiece but it seems to be this one. Crazy price difference. https://www.build.com/signature-hardware-428473/s1450628
  14. JeffNC

If you mean the part they start with before rounding it down at the factory, yes, I already have one of those and that's how I know it won't fit. I very much doubt it can be plastic because of the potential stresses put on it during installation. No down force drains come with a plastic...
  15. JeffNC

OK I'll try that.
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks