Recent content by Jean55

1. Jean55

Hydronic-hot water tank-forced air

Thank you for the replies. When I spoke with a tech at First Co., I was told that, except for servicing, the supply valves should always remain open to prevent stagnation. I still need to look into adding a heat exchanger to separate the space heating from the dhw.
  2. Jean55

We've got about 12" of copper extending up from the air handler sheathing/cover, and 8" of copper attached to the water heater. The 25' of piping in between, running above our ceiling, is all CPVC. Can the CPVC connected to the copper pipe take the abrupt temp change?
  3. Jean55

Thanks for the replies. Because we are in a condo with rules to follow and limited space in the utility closet, I'm not sure if we could separate the systems, but I'll call our HVAC company to see if it would be feasible. Now we thought of another problem: If to prevent stagnation we do...
  4. Jean55

We have a First Co. hydronic HVAC system that was installed in 2016. In the air handler unit, the evaporator coil is at the bottom, with the blower and heating coils above it. There's a loop for the space heating with the return flowing back into the hot water tank, and a mixing valve for the...
  5. Jean55

Water hammer after plumber came

Thanks for the info all of you provided. I finally changed the washing machine hoses, AGAIN. Returned the new steel reinforced ones and got the plain, black rubber ones and we now have no more clunking when the cold water shuts off on our 15 yo Kenmore washer. (Found someone with the same...
  6. Jean55

Water hammer after plumber came

A couple of week ago a plumber came out for a couple of minor things--unplugged dishwasher drain and checked out shutoff valve (only had to tighten the packing nut) on the toilet and showed me how to turn off water at the street, cuz our main shutoff is frozen. He then did a few minor repairs...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks