Recent content by Jdjd

1. Jdjd

Toto Drake CST744EG#01- What am I seeing? Is it safe to use?

wjcandee, Thanks, I appreciate your comments; you have made some very good points. Yes, I may be guilty of overthinking it. If I had not purchased 2 Drake's years ago without this problem, I would not have thought anything of this one and just installed it. Hovever, having had my living...
  2. Jdjd

Update After investigating the issue, a manager at Toto got back to me. What I was told is: - Toto has manufacturing facilities across the globe. - They all perform some type of vacuum test on the bowl. Not sure what this does. - The manufacturing facility in Mexico is the ONLY one that...
  3. Jdjd

PRV Question - Posted in wrong forum initially

Any feedback on my inquiry below that was posted in the wrong forum? My initial question: My pressure relief valve has started to leak. I'm 95% sure it is the expansion tank that is full of water, but would like to rule out the pressure reducing valve. How can I test the pressure reducing...
  4. Jdjd

PRV Leaking

I've been googling this topic today. I found the following: To test a PRV, shut off water supply, drain water to drop boiler pressure, turn on water, watch the pressure gauge for a few hours while not firing boiler. If pressure does not rise, or continues to rise past the set point, then...
  5. Jdjd

PRV Leaking

Yes, I plan to replace both the relief valve and expansion tank. - Would I install a pressure gauge on one of the boiler drains? - What is ET, WH?
  6. Jdjd

PRV Leaking

My pressure relief valve has started to leak. I'm 95% sure it is the expansion tank that is full of water, but would like to rule out the pressure reducing valve. How can I test the pressure reducing valve?
  7. Jdjd

I called Toto today. They are and have been very helpful, but ... I was told that this was done during testing in the mfg. process. I asked if they tested all toilet bowls and was told yes. I then explained that the previous 2 I purchased did not have this on the bottom. I also mentioned...
  8. Jdjd

Yes, I contacted the online company. They did not have a clue. While I did not ask them, I expect this is the way it came from mfg. They would have no reason to add some type of substance to the under side of the bowl. So it is back to Toto. I've asked them to look into it further...
  9. Jdjd

Purchased this same toilet a few years ago. Just purchased a new one made by Toto in Mexcio. When I received it, there is a blue and white glazed coating on the underside. It looks like this was added after the bowl was cast. My concern is that the underside of the toilet was damaged and...
  10. Jdjd

CEFIONTECT /CeFiONtect , a customer poll and reviews

I realize this is an old thread, but felt I had to comment ... I purchased 2 CS744EG#1 a few years ago. I was looking for 2 things - no clogging and a clean bowl with the CEFIONTECT . To date, there has been zero clogging. Great! However, the CEFIONTECT does NOT result in a clean flush...
  11. Jdjd

Toto Drake Cleaning

Purchased a Drake - it may be the 1.28 GPF. And I've read through the Toto information and various forum feedback on cleaning the CEFIONTECT. I also found a soft brush for cleaning it. - Is Pine Sol ok to use for cleaning it? - I get skid marks 100% of the time, and yes, I eat lots of...
  12. Jdjd

Bathrom Vanity, Medicine Cabinet, Sconce Install Questions

I'm installing a new granite top on an existing single sink vanity, but want to avoid using any type of adhesive that would preclude my remove the granite top in the future without damaging it. - Given its weight, can the granite top just be laid on top of the vanity and leave it to gravity and...
  13. Jdjd

Flange Extender

I’m renovating a bathroom. The top of the toilet flange sits ½” below a newly finished floor. I was planning to use a flange extender that fits inside the existing closet flange, but someone told me that it was important not to narrow the hole. They suggested a flange riser (aka spacer)...
  14. Jdjd

Cut Out For Flange

BobL43, Jim, I see the confusion from my original statement that the flange and the seal to the toilet were not an issue. The flange in the original picture was the existing flange that I am not cutting out. The 2 pictures in this reply (side and top down view) show how the spacers and...
  15. Jdjd

Cut Out For Flange

Yes, porcelain tile so I will use a diamond blade. RE: In a perfect world, the tile would sit UNDERNEATH the rim of the flange. Only then are you guaranteed that the toilet would cover all gaps. That is what I needed to know. So I will cut the tile around the flange so that it comes right up...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks