Recent content by Jaylivi

1. Jaylivi

Rust Out Water Softener Cleaner?

This is interesting, I'll try it today as I'm going some work on the system. Thanks!
  2. Jaylivi

Thanks, we're going to try citric acid!
  3. Jaylivi

Interesting. I used it once, and my dog got sick and seemed reluctant to drink the water. Don't know if they two are connected, but it's the most logical explanation.
  4. Jaylivi

Is that the salt that is marketed for iron treatment? I have a bunch of food grade citric acid, would adding that to the brine tank do anything for me? I don't see using the citric acid, so even a small change would be useful.
  5. Jaylivi

Does Rust Out work, and is it safe to treat softener resin? I'm on a well and deal with hard water, and I drink this water and am not sure about introducing more chemicals into my system. I already have a KL filter with H202 backwash, but want the softener's help too.
  6. Jaylivi

A leak, hard water and draining w/ recirculating pump?

Thanks for the reply! I already fixed the leak. I don't think I would feel comfortable with duct tape and bendy straws as a repair, but that's a clever quick fix.
  7. Jaylivi

A leak, hard water and draining w/ recirculating pump?

I have a 7 year old gas hot water tank with a grundfos recirculating pump. The tank caught my attention because there was a puddle of water underneath the tank, and when I took off the cover at the bottom and removed insulation, the bottom of the tank was wet. I noticed a slow leak directly...
  8. Jaylivi

Pressure tank adjustment means switch adjustment too?

You're right. Ok, I have my meter; I assume I should separate the 12 wire running to the pump from everything else and test the resistance? But in order to know what the value tells me I think I need to know how long the wires are, which is an x factor. Is this correct?
  9. Jaylivi

I double checked; the pump is running on a 14/2 home run to a 15 amp fuse. Though the stickers left by the installer seam to be conclusive that this pump wants to be on a 240v circuit, I haven't found the guts to change anything for fear of breaking a pump that is slow, but working. What would...
  10. Jaylivi

Thanks Reach. I will try this, but this will take some probing guesswork; I have an ohnmeter but never use it and will have to figure it out.
  11. Jaylivi

I did not think that a 230 pump would run on 110, but apparently it will. If this is a 230 pump, I would happily switch it over, but am nervous about fixing something that is working, and vital? Any suggestions would be appreciated.
  12. Jaylivi

The sticked says it is a Goulds submersible 7LS05422C installed by the previous owner in Dec. 2014. It cut out at 61 after my most recent adjustment to the switch. And while it has my full attention, I noticed that is is running off a 110 line??? Another sticker directly below that says...
  13. Jaylivi

Sorry, I meant that once I drained the system, I filled the bladders to 38lbs, then turned the system back on and it cut out in the mid-40s instead of at 60lbs. The gauges are all reading the same, just low - the only thing I changed (days ago) was to increase the empty pressure tank from 24lb...
  14. Jaylivi

Hello again, I recently added more pressure to my two pressure tanks to 38lbs (cut in at 40). This caused my water pressure to drop quite a big, cutting out at about 45. It was noticeable with the first shower as the pressure fell quite quickly. I'm guessing that I now need to adjust the switch...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks