Recent content by JasonG2020

1. JasonG2020

Fleck 5600 Brine not Refilling

Thanks for the advance. I think your diagnosis is correct, and I was able to confirm that Chloramine is used in our local water system. The parts for repair definitely get expensive when you're replacing them on a schedule. I'll look into the carbon filtration system.
  2. JasonG2020

It's the SXT, with the digital display.The resin is only a few years old. The original resin expanded, causing low flow, and we replaced with higher crosslinked resin. I don't recall whether there was a top basket, but there was definitely a bottom one one and gravel bedding as well. If the...
  3. JasonG2020

My Fleck 5600 softener valve is acting up again. In the past, I've had to replace the thank valve because it got stuck in the spacers and broke. The symptom was continuous draining. This problem is a new one. The brine tank is completely emptied of water and I discovered yesterday that the...
  4. JasonG2020

Fleck 5810 Part Numbers

Sorry for the late response. I used a generic NSF-61 approved lube from my local Ace Hardware. It's supposed to be approved for use in potable water systems.
  5. JasonG2020

Fleck 5810 Part Numbers

I disassembled the valve assembly to the point where I could take the piston and spacer cage out. No parts were changed. I just rinsed down the assembly and applied fresh lube to the piston and the spacer cage so the piston could move up and down freely. The brine valve seemed to be in good...
  6. JasonG2020

Fleck 5810 Part Numbers

I disassembled my 5810 for this issue yesterday. This the 3rd time I've had the issue in my 6.5 years of ownership. The first time, the installer replaced the valve at no charge. After that, he refused service and blamed it on the manufacturer, describing the issue as a product defect. I fixed...
  7. JasonG2020

Compressor Hardstart Fail

Thanks, I tested it and it's grounded. I think I cooked the internals, but I'm not sure why since I followed the installation instructions for the capacitor. It did run hot for several hours then blew a breaker in the middle of the night. I think that's when the internal insulation burned off...
  8. JasonG2020

Honestly, I can't recall if the fridge always did it, or if it's something that began happening over time. Is there way to test the compressor with my multimeter?
  9. JasonG2020

Hi All, I have a minifridge that is tripping a breaker and I could use some assistance with troubleshooting. The fridge is a Frigidaire EFMIS9000. I have a Wi-Fi wall switch on the same circuit that used to control the ceiling fan and lights. When the fridge compressor turned on, the light...
  10. JasonG2020

Generator 50-amp box

Hello all, I'm in the process of installing a GE T050N 50-amp inlet on my brick exterior to support a portable generator hookup. The GE panel has punchouts on the bottom and sides, but none directly in the rear. My facade has conduit with a single gang cover positioned over it. Ideally the...
  11. JasonG2020

Intermittent Low Flow with Fleck 5600

Thank you all for the detailed responses. The information was very helpful. My 10% resin arrived yesterday. Sometime later this week I'll tackle removal of the old resin. Supposedly this resin lasts twice as long. I got ~6 years out of the old resin with 6 people in the house. One kid has moved...
  12. JasonG2020

Yep, definitely on city chlorinated water. Where precisely are the filters? My bypass is a loop near the powerhead with two valves: one on the softener inlet, and the other on the outlet.
  13. JasonG2020

Hello all, I've been experiencing an issue for several months with my Fleck system where my water system pressure drops off intermittently. The problem is resolved by placing the softener in bypass mode. The system is approximately six years old and we have a house of six, so we go through a...
  14. JasonG2020

Help with Leviton Decora 3-pole smart dimmer

Thanks for your help! I was finally able to figure it out. You were right about the load. On the original setup, the white wire was tied to load on one end and common on the other. Once I identified the correct load wire, everything else fell into place. I got rid of the black jumper, as it was...
  15. JasonG2020

Help with Leviton Decora 3-pole smart dimmer

I kept forgetting to get photos during the day, when there's actually enough light. I hope these help.
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks