Recent content by jackcmorgan

1. jackcmorgan

Water softener issue?

ok, yes 99% will rinse away while a trace amount remains. vinegar or clr doesnt seem to work on the residual - only vim (which is abrasive) with scrubbing so perhaps it's silica.
  2. jackcmorgan

Water softener issue?

yeah i know. most of the white residue wipes away easily but roughly 5% won't - so it seems it's not completely removing the lime.
  3. jackcmorgan

Water softener issue?

so this test will tell me how much caco3 is still in the water?
  4. jackcmorgan

Water softener issue?

I have relatively hard water (20 grains) and installed a new ecopure water softener about a year ago. While deposits have been reduced quite a bit, i still have some scale happening - specifically in the toilet, and the top of bathroom fixtures (need to use vim every couple of weeks to remove)...
  5. jackcmorgan

Hot water even though valve to tankless water heater shutoff?

Noticed the shutoff going into my tankless water heater was off the other day, BUT I still had hot water throughout the house for weeks! I have a Navien tankless water heater and use the built in recirculation pump with a two branch dedicated return recirculation system. I can't see how the...
  6. jackcmorgan

Pot Filler Bomb?

Built a new home recently and my wife had to have a pot filler mounted behind the stove. All was well until Christmas dinner was being cooked with pots boiling all day on the cooktop. The pot filler faucet sprung a leak after one of the elbows physically separated - apparently due to pressure...
  7. jackcmorgan

Noisy thermostatic shower valve

I recently built a new home. I have a Riobel thermostatic shower valve and a Navien tankless with external recirculation. The shower valve regularly makes a buzzing noise when off - especially after a hot water faucet has been turned on and then off. I'm wondering if the recirculation system...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks