Recent content by isonychia

1. isonychia

Kohler Reach Toilet 1.28 GPF One Piece Elongated Chair Height

Any thoughts? Is it being a Kohler a safe bet it will function well.
  2. isonychia

Kohler Reach Toilet 1.28 GPF One Piece Elongated Chair Height

We are remodeling our bathroom and trying to find a toilet. We saw this Kohler Reach Toilet 1.28 GPF One Piece Elongated Chair Height at a local store. We like the look of the toilet but I don't know how it performs. I tried searching for reviews but there aren't many. Besides just, hoping for...
  3. isonychia

Cast Iron Shower Base

Thanks Terry. My contractor is suggesting the cast iron because I guess the acrylics don’t perform as well, flex etc. and the cast irons are solid and rarely have issues. I’m wondering how the cost of a cast iron pan, about $1,000 compares to a traditional mud pan or those kerdi systems. Any...
  4. isonychia

Cast Iron Shower Base

Hi guys, I am looking for a cast iron shower base for a new bathroom install. I was advised to choose cast iron over acrylic. So far I cannot find one in the dimensions I need, 48" x 32" or 48" x 34". Kohler only makes 48" x 36". Anyone have opinions on other reputable brands to consider? I...
  5. isonychia

Replacing old trap—help needed

The leak is at the bottom of the trap. The whole pipe at the bottom is rusted through. No AC (central or window) in the house and the water heater and furnace are in the basement and they have their own drain lines.
  6. isonychia

Would this marry up with the 90 degree elbow threads? https://www.homedepot.com/p/Everbilt-1-1-2-in-Bullnose-Joint-Plastic-J-Bend-C9654/205153915 Or this: https://www.homedepot.com/p/NIBCO-1-1-2-in-PVC-DWV-Hub-x-Hub-P-Trap-C4895HD112/100344844 If so then all I need is the downpipe into the...
  7. isonychia

So the elbow has threads on it and that nut threads UP onto the elbow?
  8. isonychia

I am trying to help someone replace an old leaking trap. I have done these before but mostly with newer slip joint parts for sinks. I have not dismantled it yet, so I'm not sure what I will need to replace it. Can anyone help take a guess as to how this trap is assembled by this photo? I...
  9. isonychia

Adding tee fitting to existing underground 4" PVC storm drain line

I need to add a pop up drain to my existing storm drain (drains to street) as a secondary backup way of moving the water from my yard. Can someone suggest a way to add a tee fitting to the existing line? I cannot move the line as it's buried. I have an idea of how to do it, but I'm not sure...
  10. isonychia

Help with sink drain in RV

Reach, thank you for all the info. The only reason I may need to omit the 22 and place the trap/drain parallel to the wall is I may not have room for the trap between the heater and the wall. It may have to be flat against the wall. I will know when I go up this weekend. This piece was the...
  11. isonychia

How about my question concerning the joining of the new trap to the existing ABS? Or how to connect the 2 straight pieces of ABS after I remove the existing 22? Thanks
  12. isonychia

Thank you both. Reach4, I don't have those dimensions. I am not at my trailer. I will be there this weekend. Worth, I created a diagram of what I think I should do after all the suggestions on this thread. (place existing drain/trap against back wall) What I don't know is how to connect the...
  13. isonychia

Cut the existing 22 out and add a coupler. Now the trap is against the wall and at the height/angle it was originally at before. So one of these that Worthflorida suggested from the tailpiece...
  14. isonychia

I am considering doing the ORANGE bend out of 22's to raise the pipe. Question: Why are you suggesting the AAV or the sanitary tee? Is it because by raising the trap with the 22's I will be too high above that wye fitting for the vent thus negating the vents functionality? I just went to HD...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks