Recent content by I4k20z3

1. I4k20z3

TOTO Drake keeps running and no water is filling up in the reserve tank

that did the trick, thank you! there is a chain connected to the gold bar and i was able to move it one link down. not sure why it hasn't been a problem for the last year, but oh well! I love this forum for a novice like me who is really scared of home stuff. while most of the stuff for me on...
  2. I4k20z3

Okay cool, I will give that a try! It's weird because we have been using this toilet for a year without any issue. If the water keeps running, is that water going somewhere safely or should I be concerned about a leak somewhere?
  3. I4k20z3

Hi all, Ever since flushing this morning, our TOTO toilet keeps running the water and won't fill up the reserve tank. I've turned off the water for the time being, but am unsure as to why this happened or how to fix it? The water keeps running out of the black tube into the white cylinder, but...
  4. I4k20z3

Replace or repipe a water heater that was piped incorrectly?

got it, well that's good to know. i personally want it to be done the right way and up to code. that's the kind of way i like to go if at all possible.
  5. I4k20z3

it’s still got a year or two for the warranty! would it be covered under warranty- is that why you ask?
  6. I4k20z3

funny, because we had an hvac guy come out and he had a hard time finding a bypass humidifier to fit in the small condensed space. our water heater and furnace are on the main floor tucked away in a small closet, so he recommended this mini mister as an alternative. We just had it installed this...
  7. I4k20z3

we had a handy man come and he had suggested shark bites. The cost was almost the same as the plumber so i decided not to do it at the time and thought- if i have this done, id rather pay $100-150 more and have it done by a plumber. i definitely would not feel comfortable at all attempting it...
  8. I4k20z3

could it be plausible at all that the previous owners did this or no based on the temperature of the pipes? it’s funny but neither of the two plumbers mentioned this as an option.
  9. I4k20z3

thank you for this! this is very helpful advice. I am in the far north suburbs (near Gurnee) - but it sounds like I should replace the expansion tank (since that is the norm in this area), ask them to change out the gas pipe, replace plastic drain valve with brass, change out the dielectric...
  10. I4k20z3

yeah, it does look like this was a DIY job just based on gut instincts and looking at some of the other stuff in the HVAC closet, alongside talking to the HVAC guy. I don't think the previous owners thought anything of it, because we do get hot water. My wheels started to spin originally when...
  11. I4k20z3

i ran it for a few minutes, and the left pipe is very cold (which is going into the area marked "hot" on the water heater) and the right pipe is very hot (going into the area marked "cold" on the water heater).
  12. I4k20z3

thank you! would you see my post above? i do think i have it clear that the pipes are indeed crossed. but would appreciate your input.
  13. I4k20z3

got it. i did this test without running any faucets or anything. so the pipe on the right side that is closest to the wall (in red) is very hot. this side of the pipe is leading into the "cold" inlet on the water heater. both the pipes going into the water heater (in yellow) are warm to the...
  14. I4k20z3

I don't think the pipes are crossed currently. They are all coming straight from the wall into the water heater. Let me know if these pictures help at all. Happy to post more as well.
  15. I4k20z3

The tank is 5 years old. Absolutely, but I am okay with the cost if it means I'll be getting more for my money in the long run. and more hot water.
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks