Recent content by HaveWrench

1. H

Burnham Alpine fails ignition, but once running is ok

Following up on my own post with the solution (moderator is still holding my posts for review): It was the valve. The old valve appears to not have been opening all the way, even though the resistance checked out and it worked fine when it did get running. The replacement valve is audibly better...
  2. H

Expansion tank pressure?

For the domestic hot water expansion tank, you probably want to check the water pressure using a pressure gage on a faucet (preferably one at the same level as your hot water heater). For you boiler expansion tank, assuming it's on a hydronic boiler in the basement, the static cold pressure will...
  3. H

Burnham Alpine fails ignition, but once running is ok

BLUF: Ignites with a whoosh/bang and goes out immediately - but I can get it to start by blocking the intake. details below: I have a propane-fired 2010 Burnham Alpine 105W that came with the house and has always been temperamental. First, it has a tendency to fog-horn - but only sometimes. I...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks