Recent content by Hal_Ferguson78

1. Hal_Ferguson78

Pump fail on SQFlex, replace with 115vac inverter driven?

Alright. A simple switch will do the trick. Thanks again. Will post a closing note when get the pump installed.
  2. Hal_Ferguson78

Well crapola. I couldn't find a 115vac SQ series pump on their website. Thanks for the info on this one. Outback Power did get back to me: "Looking at the specs of this water pump (the Grundfos 5S05-13 4-inch 3-wire), it should work with the inverter you currently have. The only thing I worry...
  3. Hal_Ferguson78

I may be looking at the wrong material (SQ Pump Lit), but from what I can tell, the SQ and SQE pumps require 200-240 V - 10 %/+ 6 %, 50/60 Hz. My existing inverter only makes 115vac. I'm hoping for a solution that doesn't require a step-up transformer or another inverter. If you know of a...
  4. Hal_Ferguson78

Thanks Mr. VA Well Driller. Good to hear your positive experience with the Grundfos 3-inch pumps. The short answer to your question is yes. I checked power to the submersible cable leads at the CU200 on both solar PV power (77vdc) and house power (115vac). I pulled the pump, cut the cable at...
  5. Hal_Ferguson78

Thank you very much Cary for the great info. You're a national treasure, or at least a forum one. I'll verify with Outback that the inverter, PV panels, and battery bank will support that Grundfos pump. If I understand the Grundfos literature, the associated pump MS 402 will draw 42.5A AC at...
  6. Hal_Ferguson78

Ah, thanks Reach. I was fixated on the two-wire solution to keep from having to change out the existing cable, but drawing less power especially at start up, should be a prime consideration.
  7. Hal_Ferguson78

Greetings Forum! My Grundfos Model 3 SQF-2 pump (part of their SQFlex system with CU200 controller and provided PV panels) has failed and am considering replacing the pump with a 115vac single phase pump of 1/2 HP or less. I pulled the pump, know that the cable is good, and that the pump...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks