Recent content by Gundraw

1. Gundraw

Floor Drain Rough-In Question

Wayne, yes, the only issue is this drain SHOULD reside about 1 ft away from the trunk. I think I see what you are referring to. Are you suggesting that my way of dumping in with the rolled up wye on the trunk is not as good of a solution Doing it the way you described should work if I move...
  2. Gundraw

As the slope puts the trunk deeper, I have tried to utilize the hookup as shown on page 26: However, for this drain, it is simply too close to the trunk to allow the horizontal run leading into the trunk with a 45 wye laid flat. I didn't know if what I showed was somehow inferior to this...
  3. Gundraw

To answer some questions: Yes, I was approved and was informed to do floor drains as a combination waste vent as outlined in 910 and found this guide (Combination Waste/Vent). The vertical two way is to avoid not being able to clear the trap and to provide cleanout access for the branch. If...
  4. Gundraw

@John Gayewski, @Jeff H Young So I have one drain that is relatively close to the main drain trunk. I found two ways that I can get the drain roughly where it needs to be but unsure which solution is best/permitted with the floor drain setup I showed in post #1. Using a rolled up Wye and a...
  5. Gundraw

When is PVC cement bad

If it makes a difference, everything I have been working on is DWV, no pressure systems. I did glue up some more fittings today with brand new glue, and certainly noticed that it is runnier (as it dribbled all over my floor). I understand what some of your are saying, but "jelly-like" is a...
  6. Gundraw

P-Traps - Seal Depth Greater than 4"

Just food for thought, I called a company that manufactures deep seal traps. Their response was that the primary concern with deep seal traps it the amount of water (weight) being suspended at all times. Also, they stated that the additional depth may cause the water to overcome more inertia...
  7. Gundraw

When is PVC cement bad

How do you know when PVC cement is "Jelly-like" and can't be trusted. I bought a big can at the beginning of May, probably opened later that month. I have been gluing with it ever since and try to be diligent of having the lid at least pushed close between joints, and screwed closed between...
  8. Gundraw

P-Traps - Seal Depth Greater than 4"

Anyone know the implications of a P-trap having a seal depth greater than 4"? I would like to assemble a P-Trap using LT fittings to aid in cleanout from a potential clog for a floor drain. My last home was plagued with cast iron drains with clogged (integrated) ptrap. A 3" P-trap using LT...
  9. Gundraw

Underslab plumbing mock-up

Okay, looks like I am ready. Last question: I was told that the arm that goes out to the closet bend should be "nearly" flat so that my 4" riser can come out the ground vertically. I was told this was more important with modern low flow toilets. Well, in addition to the small amounts of...
  10. Gundraw

So in reviewing all of the information you have all shared, I think I can simplify this design now that I am putting in a dry vent for the WC. I believe something like this would meet code: Thanks.
  11. Gundraw

I probably should have been specific, (I modified my post to reflect this information), they are off less than 1/4" per/ft. Roughly speaking, yes, in 2', one riser goes 1/4" 1 direction and the other pipe goes 1/4" in the other direction.
  12. Gundraw

I glued up my risers and ran into a little bit of an issue: I put marks on the pipe and tried to line all of them up using the index notches cast into the side of the fittings. When I was done, I glued on the riser tubes (2') and found that I was actually a little bit off on all of them...
  13. Gundraw

Yes, this has been looked at as well. For the drains in the slab, I am looking at these fat max drains from Sioux Chief (not technically called a floor sink, but is very similar): That said, I still like the idea (if possible) to have the P-trap above the floor so it can be removed and used...
  14. Gundraw

Yes, one proposed place to put the RO drain would be in the cleanout riser with a trap ABOVE the floor. That way, the trap could be removed to do any snaking of the drain. The other place would be the vent line with a P trap which would seemingly be equally as convenient.
  15. Gundraw

John, I added "standpipe" drains to anywhere I may want to have one just to illustrate. I would not necessarily need all of them. The purpose of these standpipes is I find utility rooms with only a floor drain quite inconvenient. In all my houses, I always end up with a spiderweb of drain...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks