Recent content by FredWurlitzer

1. FredWurlitzer

Zeolite media

While doing some research, I came across a water treatment media that I was unfamiliar with called zeolite. Is this similar to Katalox? It supposedly removes iron, manganese and hardness. I found it intriguing as I'm still looking for an alternative to chlorine, GAC, softener, etc.. It seems...
  2. FredWurlitzer

Well water results are in...

Thank you for that link and reference!! I did come up with some numbers after some calculating. With that said, I had to first determine the rate at which my well pressure pump is flowing at. After using the method found in the link that Bannerman provided, I got 2 GPM of output. That seems...
  3. FredWurlitzer

Yes, I have adjusted the stroke knob and have noticed that I’m not burning through as much chlorine solution as before, but still maintaining an appropriate amount of residual chlorine. So getting that dialed in is still ongoing. I still can’t wrap my head around how 0.35 fluid ounces of 12.5%...
  4. FredWurlitzer

Is anyone familiar with Culligan water softener settings? I’ll provide a picture of it. The resin tank is about 44” tall and 9” in diameter. I have no idea what the grain capacity is on this or if it’s sufficient. The settings are as follows: salt dosage - 10 Backwash time - 10 Brine rinse time...
  5. FredWurlitzer

I’m diluting the solution in the chlorine tank with RO water because my residual ppm of chlorine is much much higher than 1-2ppm immediately after the contact tank. My chlorine test kit turns immediately yellow then almost orange because it’s so concentrated with chlorine. I don’t want to expose...
  6. FredWurlitzer

If it helps, the single fiberglass 60 gallon replaced a non-baffled 120 gallon galvanized steel tank. Is there a way to plumb 2 smaller contact tanks together?
  7. FredWurlitzer

So would you suggest adding an additional 60 or 80 gallon contact tank to further oxidize the iron? (A 120 gallon fiberglass is too tall for my basement) Thank you everyone for the advice and information thus far.
  8. FredWurlitzer

That is exactly what I’m doing.. trying to dilute my solution tank with RO water until I get 1-2ppm AFTER the contact tank but BEFORE the carbon filter. I’ve attached a picture of the solution tank as well as the pump. Not sure on the “percent stroke” setting of the pump either..
  9. FredWurlitzer

So if ferric or oxidized iron gets passed the contact tank, does the Culligan carbon water conditioner filter it out? Same with ferrous iron.. if it’s not all oxidized, the softener should address some of that up to a certain ppm, correct? I’m just trying to learn as much as I can so I can...
  10. FredWurlitzer

I currently have more than 1-2ppm of residual chlorine coming out of the contact tank. I keep diluting it every so often with RO water to hopefully achieve the 1-2ppm residual. I’m still confused on the dilution. Why would someone write “2 quarts per fill up” on the lid, but the dilution...
  11. FredWurlitzer

Here is a pic of the contact tank. Is 60 gallons sufficient? I flush the sediment out about once a month. This is a top feed and top draw model.
  12. FredWurlitzer

I'm wondering if replacing my existing atmospheric tank to something similar would be a good move. I see they come in all different sizes.. I would assume and try to match what I currently have in size?
  13. FredWurlitzer

Ah, thank you for the clarification. I had no idea what the EXACT function of the atmospheric tank was for, which I now know. Your description matches exactly what I have. There are 2 sprayer heads that dispense water into the tank. Does this necessarily need to be vented outside? As you can see...
  14. FredWurlitzer

Thank you for supplying numbers to shoot for. For 11ppm of chlorine, is there a more common ratio to go by as far as water:chlorine? I found a chlorine dilution calculator online and plugged in my numbers to get 11ppm. It states I should add 0.35 fluid oz to 30 gallons of water to get 11ppm...
  15. FredWurlitzer

As you can see in the picture above, it is vented to the outside by the PVC pipe that is coming out of the back. The feed line is located at the top right of the picture and is then split into two. A hose bib is located at the bottom left of the tank in this picture. The bib is so close the...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks