Recent content by fordfitz

1. F

Heat pump question

Well after going out there with paper and pen and drawing up a wiring diagram of that unit. The only way to trip the contactor is thru the yellow wire Y. So I got to surfing the internet and came across another forum with a different heat pump system but the same thermostat having identical...
  2. F

Heat pump question

The reason is I dont have a warranty. I bought the house with this in it. I am afraid of being charged an arm and a leg for sombody to come out. I understand wiring diagrams. I am a aircraft mechanic and have to look at them all the time and shoot wires. Those first two pics I found in the...
  3. F

Heat pump question

I measured the R wire. It is 24V in cool and heat and off. Only when heat is selected then W2 the white wire gets 24V also. The exact model number is Goodman SSZ160361. THe inside is a AEPF426016 and the thermostat is a honeywell T8611G. I think that the problem is outside.
  4. F

Heat pump question

I dont understand why it would be that complicated. I took off the outside cover on the condensor and broke out my multimeter. Looking at the relay that gives the 240v to compressor. It does not appear to get a signal from anywhere to trip the relay in heat. I took a jumper wire and jumped from...
  5. F

Heat pump question

I have a goodman 3 ton 16 seer heat pump system. It works good in cooling. But when I select heat on the thermostat the condensing unit never comes on. The only way to get heat is with the heat strips. Anybody got any pointers?
  6. F

grundfos mq-45

I have my old pressure tank that I am using now with this pump. I will cut out the electronics to the pump so to say. Then I will have just the wires going to the motor installed on a square d pressure switch. Thats a good project for the weekend.
  7. F

grundfos mq-45

I agree with the faulty pump protection. That is why I am contemplating cutting the wires to the motor and using a Square D pressure switch. The reason that I changed the old pump was it was getting extremely loud. It is in my basement and I would have to turn the TV in my living room way up. It...
  8. F

grundfos mq-45

Yes but why only when taking a shower? Maybe I wasent completly clear with the issues. It works as advertised except when taking a shower. I opened the valves to the my pressure tank. So I can make it last about 10min for a shower. It will cycle all day long fine with the toilet, sinks...
  9. F

grundfos mq-45

Well I just bought the MQ-45 to use as my shallow well pump. This thing is very quiet. The main thing I was after. It has plenty of pressure. However it has this alarm thing on it that will shit it off if it thinks somthing is wrong. I get an alarm after about 5 min of it running. After looking...
  10. F

very loud well shallow well pump

Well I have a craftsman 1/2 shallow well jet pump in my basement. It pumps fine, However the sound is unbearable. I have tried to search on here for who makes the quitest pump. I cant seem to find the answer. So my question is which manufactuer makes one that I will not hear in my living room...