Recent content by FirstTimeDIY

1. FirstTimeDIY

Shower Valve Leak? Unsure of how to diagnose the problem.

Hi Bigealta, Thanks for the response. I apologize if I'm asking the most rudimentary of questions. I'm a bit confused as to where the washer that you're mentioning as the potential issue would be located. Is that washer supposed to be present somewhere on the shower valve or is it on the...
  2. FirstTimeDIY

Hi Jeff, Sorry for being unclear. I had meant that I had shutoff both cold and hot water to the whole unit. I didn't touch the integral stops that are on the valve. In fact I didn't even know that there were those stops on these valves but upon closer inspection of the video it does appear that...
  3. FirstTimeDIY

Hello Everyone, First time DIYer, trying to give it a honest go at a self-repair! The shower has been leaking for a little bit with a slow but consistent drip through the tub spout. After some reading and videos online, figured it was probably the cartridge that required a possible...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks