Recent content by ETOH

1. ETOH

Double fixture fitting question

I need to rough in for a double vanity. Planned on using a double fixture fitting. Off of each arm where it needs to turn 90 to where it comes out of the wall to where it will connect with the p-trap. Do these need to be long sweep 90s or can the be regular 90s? I feel like the sweep 90...
  2. ETOH

DWV plan

Follow up question. Probably tackling this today. I have the ability to vent the shower directly since everything is open. Is it better to do this performance wise? Or will everything be fine with the wet vent setup? Obviously it is easier/quicker to wet vent but this is our master bath and...
  3. ETOH

Old gas pipe?

Thanks for the reply. The old heater in the fireplace does not get used. I actually don’t even know how to turn it on . It just helped bolster the idea that it is in fact a gas line. I haven’t tried the soapy water yet to see if it’s even active or not. I may just have my plumber deal with it.
  4. ETOH

DWV plan

I’m in Ohio which I believe is IPC
  5. ETOH

Old gas pipe?

I’ve got an old pipe coming out of the floor that I need out of the way for my current remodel. I believe it to be a gas line based on location and routing to an adjacent room that has an old gas heater Insert in the fireplace. What I don’t know is if it is live or not. There are no working...
  6. ETOH

DWV plan

I can make the vent 2” if that is better?
  7. ETOH

DWV plan

And the wyes for the shower and wc would both be horizontal in the drawing
  8. ETOH

DWV plan

Thanks for the reply. You wrote horizontal twice. Please clarify
  9. ETOH

DWV plan

hello all, I am in the Middle of a master bath remodel. Everything is open and accessible. I’ve done some searching and I think this plan follows the rules but would love confirmation. Looking forward to feedback Thanks!
  10. ETOH

Name that DWV fitting, side inlet santee

Thanks Terry! I have 2 vents running along side the 4" pipe from below that tie into the stack for venting up in the attic. I will double check they are 42" up, but I'm thinking they are. Appreciate the help guys.
  11. ETOH

Thanks for the link Wayne. I hadn't really thought about just replacing the leaky junction. This is the original cast iron stack from a house built in 1925. I figured all cast iron will fail at some point, might as well replace it while everything is opened up. I will not have easy access...
  12. ETOH

Hello all, I am in the middle of a Master bathroom remodel which has another full bath directly above it in a finished attic. Once all the walls and ceilings were opened up I ran the water in the attic bath to check the integrity of the plumbing. Found a leak where the drain plumbing enters...
  13. ETOH

Does a shower drain have to run vertical to the trap?

thanks for the reply hj. I am going to try and get the straight pipe in there if there is enough play but nice to know this is an option if I don't want to repipe.
  14. ETOH

Does a shower drain have to run vertical to the trap?

thanks in advance for any input. I am running 2" drain line on the first floor with open basement access from below. About 7-8" directly below where the shower drain is to come through the floor is a copper supply line. My question is if is is okay to use 2 45's back to back as in the picture...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks