Recent content by Dshenmdyn

1. Dshenmdyn

No water at all from shower with Moen valve that hasn't been used for years

Plumber replaced the valve and everything is working now. Unfortunately I could not identify the exact root cause. Upon removal, the old valve indeed was confirmed to be blocked - water/blowing air doesn't travel between the bottom and top (where normally water should be re-directed from bottom...
  2. Dshenmdyn

Finally got an air compressor and tried to blow back without success. Asked a plumber to diagnose and he agreed that it was blocked and the valve needs to be replaced. Will report back after the job is done.
  3. Dshenmdyn

So far I only tried with a hand pump and felt the resistance. Yes, I did it with the cartridge removed. I have to find an air compressor to try again. The shower is on 2nd floor and quite a distance from next door neighbor's garden hose spigot. So routing a long garden hose around the house...
  4. Dshenmdyn

I threaded a thin plastic tube (about 5/32 inch I.D.) from the shower arm pipe back down. It went in about 30 inches. I was able to suck out about 10-20 ml of water using a syringe connected to the tube. I then pushed in 20 ml of white vinegar and let it sit for 3 hours. During the wait, I...
  5. Dshenmdyn

Thanks. I will need to rent/buy one of those tools to give it another try.
  6. Dshenmdyn

Reporting back the latest: I shut off the water to the house, took out the cartridge, removed the shower head. Using a hand pump (a pump to inflate air mattress), I tried to blow air into the shower arm pipe. I can clearly feel resistance. Air did not blow through freely, if at all. Looking...
  7. Dshenmdyn

Yes, I tried with turning the stem directly using pliers and no water.
  8. Dshenmdyn

Hi, I have a strange problem and can't find a resolution. Would appreciate the help from experts here. I have a shower (just overhead shower without tub outlet) that hasn't been used for years on the second floor of the house. Everything was ok last time (years ago) when it was used. I tried...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks