Recent content by Dr Love

1. Dr Love

Relocating house shutoff valve

on second thought, i actually have PEX leftovers from another project. I could easily make this loop with PEX. I know they make PEX to copper fittings but realistically how "good" are they really? One thing I'm going to do near this shutoff is run a Tee into a sink i'll put in the room. Or I'll...
  2. Dr Love

Relocating house shutoff valve

I have a project to enclose part of a utility room (which was once the old garage before remodel). This entails, at least to my preference, to move the shutoff valve to where it'll be outside of this new room. I attached a picture of a rough schematic. Blue star is the current location with line...
  3. Dr Love

Tankless advice from the crowd: Navien, Rinnai, Noritz

how can you not save fuel with a tankless? Isn't the point that it only ignites when water is flowing vs sporadically to heat the water in the tank? Or are you saying the MASSIVE heat during flow is about the same as the more often smaller BTUs during tank heating?
  4. Dr Love

And also I like the never ending hot water. My current setup takes forever to get hot upstairs but that's because i don't have recirculation
  5. Dr Love

I have a 17 year old Rinnai tankless already, outdoors. it's got a few pinhole leaks in the piping and will not last much longer. it's all puttied up right now holding on
  6. Dr Love

I have narrowed down my tankless choices to the three in the poll. What I've gathered from my research is that Navien is easy to maintain and has nice features, SS exchangers, and is very efficient; Noritz is high quality japanese made, also SS exchangers, good support supposedly; Rinnai is a...
  7. Dr Love

Removing shutoff valve

I had to cut away drywall to get to the back of my hose bib for replacement. While back there I decided I want to change my shutoff for the home from the older style gate valve to a quarter turn, plus hide this behind an access panel since cutting drywall away to get to it is stupid. (to be...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks