Recent content by Dohc

1. Dohc

Shower Drain installed with no gasket or locking nut

Sylvan, Interesting timing that you post on this thread, considering I am meeting with the contactor (again) on this work. Now we are dealing with water that is weeping around the shower pan and into the wall/cement board, causing the paint on the outer walls to "bubble" and start to peal, at...
  2. Dohc

Mortar Bed Thickness

Tuttles, I thought the same thing, but reading the instructions and calling the tub mfg, they are very clear, even with air jets, to set in mortar. See above post with image direct from the air jet tub instructions, mortar AND 3 to 5 mil plastic required. All and all I am happy with the...
  3. Dohc

Mortar Bed Thickness

Thank you everyone for your feedback. Here are pictures of the finished install. Again, thankyou for your input.
  4. Dohc

Mortar Bed Thickness

Your correct, "bed" was not the word I should have used. The intent is to place "piles" that will squish out.
  5. Dohc

Mortar Bed Thickness

Re-Reading the install instructions (page attached) they suggest 2 to 4 inches. I guess this answers my question.
  6. Dohc

Mortar Bed Thickness

How thick is too thick for a mortar bed under a corner tub. We have about 4 inches to the base of the tub and 2 inches to the bottom of the metal supports. The manufacture requires a mortar bed. And I understand the ticker the mortar bed the more shrinkage of the mortar. I feel 4 inches is a...
  7. Dohc

Is Something with my new delivered Kohler Acrylic Tub??

Did instructions come with the tub that tell you to water test the tub before install? I am curious as our tub required a water test within 48 hours of delivery and before install. We did the test, found that it leaked, and then had to work with the manufacture to correct it under warranty.
  8. Dohc

Thank you all for the feedback. I ended up purchasing the Schluter pan, and the contractor removed the wedi pan and replaced with the Schluter. Not happy with the rework, as there was no good reason for it, but it is fixed now.
  9. Dohc

Thanks for your feedback. I should explain the shower drain and shower pan came in a kit from wedi. It is a wedi Fundo Primo shower system. But the installing contactor failed to install all the parts provided in the kit. They have now offered to change out the wedi pan and drain kit and use...
  10. Dohc

Jeff, Thanks for the feedback. The installing company now suggest that they sheet the inside of the shower with a water proof membrane, they are asking if they could use either of these... https://www.schluter.com/schluter-us/en_US/Membranes/c/M...
  11. Dohc

See picture below, we had a Sioux Chief 828 shower drain installed in our shower pan and the installer left off the rubber gasket, fiber gasket, and locking nut. He says the Polyurethane Sealant is enough. Then why would the manufacture (Sioux Chief) include the rubber gasket, fiber gasket...
  12. Dohc

Test Plug for DWV PVC Hub

I can find many different types of test plugs for DWV PVC pipe, but I am not able to locate a plug for the hub part of a PVC pipe fitting. Do they make such a thing? The plug would have to be about 2.375 inch diameter (outside diameter of a PVC 2" trade size pipe) to fit inside the PVC...
  13. Dohc

Vertical DWV PVC pipe support

Thanks for the feed back. I ended up putting blocking behind the pipe and then "clamping" with metal strapping. Did the tub the same way... Pipe is solid now.
  14. Dohc

Vertical DWV PVC pipe support

I have a short (about 12") 2" vertical PVC drain pipe that comes out of a shower floor drain and then goes into the P-trap, view from below... View from above with shower pan and 2" PVC installed... The shower floor drain is a wedi/Sioux Chief assembly... I would like to firmly and...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks