Recent content by Djc11369

1. Djc11369

New pump help

In a round about way I suppose, what appeared to have happened is the installer had used plastic cable guides and only taped the wire to the pipe in one spot about half way up. He just coiled up the excess wire and shoved it in at the top of casing. There was excess slack in the cable at the...
  2. Djc11369

New pump help

I thought I should come back and finish off this thread with the results. My pump turned out to be a 10GPM Flint & Walling pump, date code 7/98, and it was replaced with the exact same model pump aside from the motor no longer being a Franklin. No sleeve was used (prior or now) and it turned...
  3. Djc11369

New pump help

The good news with the CSV1A is it's smaller and should work easily in the space occupied by the check valve that you told me I should remove. :) My area is limited on space, I don't know why they set things up so tightly when I had an entire basement area to work with. The good news is I...
  4. Djc11369

New pump help

I knew this but I guess I had a brain fart when I wrote that, I'll use being tired as an excuse :)
  5. Djc11369

New pump help

You probably meant the CSV125-1? The CSV125-3 says it's for 3 & 5hp pumps. Is the wet spot they're talking about just an occasional drip kind of thing or are we talking a constant drip into a puddle? It's concrete so not a big issue but what should I expect? How will any debris affect the...
  6. Djc11369

New pump help

If I used the 10GS05 and put in a 7gpm dole valve would that potentially provide the backpressure needed while limiting flow and short cycles?
  7. Djc11369

New pump help

This is kind of what I was wondering, I think I'd be really surprised if when I pull the existing one if it has a sleeve on it. I am also wondering what they used that doesn't require anything to limit the flow. It did, actually still is technically, last 23 years and while a new one may not...
  8. Djc11369

New pump help

Ok, so if I did either of these two with no sleeve, no CSV or other type of valve what's the likely outcome? Would they overheat? Would the flow be too much and I'd run the well dry? That's one thing I don't understand, aren't your fixtures limiting your draw rate? If I'm running a shower...
  9. Djc11369

New pump help

I thought we were talking an off the shelf product for the sleeve, not a diy type of thing. I'm sure it's within my capabilities but my concerns would be it moving downward over time and the deposit buildup issue. Probably neither would happen but those are my paranoia's. Is the sleeve...
  10. Djc11369

New pump help

I was looking at the depth to water as the static level so at the 20 ft column. So for the 5GS for example it would be 7gpm at 60psi, 7.6gpm @ 50 psi and off the charts as you say at 40psi. I just thought it meant it wasn't operating where it's most efficient there, didn't know about any...
  11. Djc11369

New pump help

Ok, so I only need to add 23' more (10psi) to the 204' I had so a total of 227'. 10GS07 is only $40 more than the 7GS05 which is negligible but given electrical isn't my thing would the wire and breaker be adequate for 3/4hp? It's a 20amp breaker and the it's a 12ga stranded wire running to the...
  12. Djc11369

New pump help

So I did some more obsessing over this (aka overthinking) and decided I'm going to go to 40/60 and that 7 GPM would be more than enough to cover my needs. So with that in mind I calculated a TDH of 204' for just delivering to the tank. That's 60' for elevation head, 139' for pressure head and...
  13. Djc11369

New pump help

If my pump had failed completely I'd be down at the local supply or big box store and picking up whatever they have on the shelf just to get water. Since it hasn't I have the luxury? of obsessing over it and coming up with something I hope will last a good long time, at least 10 years if that's...
  14. Djc11369

New pump help

The more I ask the less I understand :( Valveman also suggested the 10GS05 in another forum so I'm not understanding something and he didn't offer an explanation when I inquired further. I thought it was look at the flow curve and with the TDH you calculate pick the pump that has the closest...
  15. Djc11369

New pump help

Who's they? :) It will be myself, and for the pulling out of the well, my brother in law and my wife. I was going to hire it done but after calling all the reputable places in my area and not getting any call backs it's become a diy. What's left for "plumbers" I might as well do myself, maybe...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks