Recent content by DIYinATX

1. DIYinATX

Recirculation pump (without return line) + thermostatic mixing valve = No Aquastat needed?

A year later and I'm still loving this setup. I turned it off during the summer and then just turned it back on again a month ago. Added bonus - my butt doesn't get shocked with freezing water when I use my bidet. :p For my next house or next remodel, I'm adding a dedicated return line. And a...
  2. DIYinATX

Waterproof electric heater?

The Dr Heater manufacturer recommended this. What do you guys think? It would never have a shower head aimed at it, but it might get some random splashes here and there. The power outlet is external to the shower enclosure and 100% dry, so that part is fine...
  3. DIYinATX

It would get wet. It's a three person shower but water still splashes everywhere. I don't want to electrocute myself.
  4. DIYinATX

My existing medium-sized combo exhaust/heater from Panasonic takes a while to heat things up. Especially since it's exhausting all the heat it's putting out. I laugh at that.
  5. DIYinATX

Thanks, folks. The board didn't notify me of new posts for some reason. I like the ideas for the bathroom but they won't help much inside the enclosed shower.
  6. DIYinATX

Just kidding, I'm sure there's no such thing. At least not on a DIY'ers salary. I've got an enclosed shower (sized for three people) I use as my daily shower. During the winter, it gets pretty cool in there. My body is weird - I can handle hotter than average temps but am not good with low...
  7. DIYinATX

Wanted to DIY a whole-house water softener but this looks like a mess

Hi, thanks. I don't have a softener yet. I was looking at where I should tap into for access to the incoming cold water supply (pre water-heater). The water heater was several feet tall and would feed down into that line.
  8. DIYinATX

Wanted to DIY a whole-house water softener but this looks like a mess

The three pipes running upward are for my water heater (cold, hot & blowoff). Ignore the adapter mess at the top, I'm cleaning that up today. I'm guessing the mess at the bottom-right is where I'd have to tap into if I want to install a whole-house water cleaner. My pipes run under the slab...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks