Recent content by -dirt-

1. -dirt-

Adding bathroom to detached building: Check my DWV design

Ok, so best practice would be to revert back to the rolled wye and 45s for the shower -- got it. (Assuming this stays the order of fixtures) For the re-orientation of the fixtures: would the shower still need to be vented, if the WC is vented?
  2. -dirt-

I re-did the shower vent to change the wye to a sani-tee, so the vent line would exit the top of that drain line and the 90 over to the wall, then 90 up the wall. Also, changed the double fixture setup for the sinks. One big question: if I re-orient the bathroom to where the shower and sink...
  3. -dirt-

The shower is currently sketched out with a vent coming off just before the p-trap for the shower. Does this work? Would eliminating that vent and instead putting one on the 3"/4? mainline at the top of the drawing where it runs under the wall be better?
  4. -dirt-

Thanks Wayne! I'm fine with using 3" instead of 4" for the mini-mainline if that is accepted practice/code. Thanks for the notes on the shower vent -- will be sure to take that into account. I will replace the double wye in the wall for the two sinks with a double sani-tee and add a cleanout...
  5. -dirt-

Hi all: I'm prepping for an addition to a detached building that we are converting to a guest studio/in-law suite. No plumbing currently to the structure, so will be framing up and pouring a ~ 5' x 16' slab adjacent to the structure with the drains and vent stubbed up in the slab pre-pour...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks