Recent content by David Wilson

1. David Wilson

Self Leveling Concrete Catastrophe

Try posting your request to the general group. I’m no expert! Moving it around is one way to get it to settle. You could also use a level and draw a line, in the wall, around the perimeter of the room. Say at the 1/2” mark. You could also buy some cheap levels at harbor freight and float them...
  2. David Wilson

I sanded off the oil based primer and then put down the recommended primer. No problems this time. Use the right stuff!!!
  3. David Wilson

Drain disaster?

Hi guys. Our plumber has placed our new sterling acrylic shower base down and I can’t figure out how this drain is supposed to work? My fear is that they are counting on silicone, alone, as the seal. I’m used to seeing a PVC drain sandwiched between the base. The old plumbing is copper. Have you...
  4. David Wilson

Great info! Thanks. When you say cover or remove existing primer, what exactly would you recommend? Can I simply sand it off? I’d rather not add to the floor height. You don’t think the new primer would adhere to my already primed subfloor? What method do you suggest to move the slc around...
  5. David Wilson

So this will be lengthy and detailed but here goes. I’m remodeling a small bathroom (80 sq.ft) and wanted a heated tile floor. My old floor was ripped to the joists which are 2x10’s spaces on 16” centers. I blocked every few feet and screwed down 23/32 subfloor plywood sheathing. I screwed in...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks