Recent content by Corman2000

1. Corman2000

Input on professional furnace/tankless water heater install (bad work)

As an update: The company was honest enough and sent guys to redo the job with no complaints. They gave us some additional things for free/cheap to compensate. The only real thing I've been left with is a furnace filter that allows a lot of bypass air, which they felt was acceptable. They...
  2. Corman2000

Best location for lineset to exit wall for this condenser install?

Thanks for the replies. I put a hole along the line a bit to the right of the disconnects. The HVAC tech did a good job running the lines. This whole deal has been a bit frustrating so I'm happy to have it done. (Plumber did absolute hack work on furnace, water heater, A/C coil install...
  3. Corman2000

Best location for lineset to exit wall for this condenser install?

Hey guys, If you were hooking up this condenser, where along the red line would you want the lineset to come out of the wall? Trying to make the HVAC guy's life easier, and get good flow. I am guessing somewhere near the right side of the picture? Note: I do expect this condenser pad...
  4. Corman2000

Furnace filter calls for "2 - 14x20 - 1in.". What does the "2" mean?

Good points. I'd bet your last point is most pertinent as the 16x25x1 shows flex even with reduced suction by how much air is going around it. Something to keep in mind when it gets redone. Thanks!
  5. Corman2000

Yeah. I've just found in another manual it says Quantity - 2. Wonder why they write 2x smaller filter instead of just 1x of a larger filter. Thanks for the input! Now I get to have a discussion with them about this:
  6. Corman2000

Hey guys, I had a recent furnace install done by a "pro" company which was done very poorly. The company has corrected almost everything, but the filter is still an issue. It doesn't seal correctly, and I am trying to figure out what is acceptable. While reading the "Service information"...
  7. Corman2000

Is my intended A/C condenser location OK?

Thanks for the input, and thanks for checking the numbers. We already own the 2T unit so will be installing it. And yeah, most of the time when it's hot here it's low humidity. House is older and not well sealed/insulated (yet). Thanks!
  8. Corman2000

Should be fine for dogs. Thanks!
  9. Corman2000

Thanks for the reply. Unit will be in the sun, but I don't think there is any avoiding that here. I was hoping to keep it as close to the house, and as close to the gas meter as possible. The pad is 30x30", and the unit is 24.5"x24.5". I hoping to get away with maybe 10" of clearance from...
  10. Corman2000

Hey guys, Planning to install my A/C unit shortly. I am hoping for confirmation from those with more experience that I should be fine putting the condenser here. It's 1M away from the gas meter vent which is the min required amount according to the gas company. Other thing is the telephone...
  11. Corman2000

Do furnaces have MSRP? Got scammed(?) and need to know what unit is worth

Hey guys, Had a furnace installed recently and they didn't install the one they were supposed to. It seems like the installer was the issue, and the GM of the company seems like he is happy to correct the issues. I need to know what the cost difference of the two units is so I can settle...
  12. Corman2000

Easiest way to get rid of this S trap? (Kitchen sink)

I didn't know AAVs were a thing. :) Yeah that should work nicely. It's going to be tight to get a fitting in that piece of pipe, but I can probably replace the P-trap and right-hand sink drain to get the needed length. Thanks for the help!
  13. Corman2000

Easiest way to get rid of this S trap? (Kitchen sink)

Hi guys, Bought a house that came with what is effectively a S-trap on the kitchen sink. Kitchen is going to be redone next summer, but I'd like to get rid of the smell the sink makes in the meantime if all it takes is some ABS and an hour of work. I was thinking lower the P-traps as far as...
  14. Corman2000

Input on professional furnace/tankless water heater install (bad work)

Hey guys, Recently hired a company to replace a water tank with HE tankless, and a new HE furnace. It's pretty obvious it's at best a sloppy job and as a new home owner I was hoping for some input prior to talking to the company. I'm just going to list the things I think are wrong, and if you...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks