Recent content by cmw

1. cmw

Water flow noise.

Thanks, that is a good thought. I will checkout the valves.
  2. cmw

Water flow noise.

Water flow appears normal. I didn't measure the pressure. One thing I failed to mention is: if I remove the shower head the noise goes almost completely away. Maybe back pressure is creating the noise.
  3. cmw

Water flow noise.

I just started using a 2nd floor shower that was built in the 60's. The supply is copper pipe and has not been used for all these years. The problem is a constant roaring noise when either the cold or hot water is turned on. I was hoping the sound would go away after using the shower for a...
  4. cmw

Toto Ultramax leaking ???

Thanks for your reply. The smell tells me something but I don't know what that "something" is. I do know that it started after I replaced the old toilet with the Toto. I was hoping that someone on this Forum might have had a similar smell that I described as "Vicks VaporRub". I guess I may have...
  5. cmw

Thanks for your reply. Yes, the bowl was caulked all around except the back portion. My concern is the significance of the Toto water surface spec of 10 1/4" x 8 1/4" not being met after the water height in the bowl stabilizes. The toilet has been removed for (2) weeks & soil pipe is...
  6. cmw

After installing & flushing the Ultramax, the water surface in the bowl met the Toto spec of 10 1/4" x 8 1/4". But, then the water surface area would immediately start to get smaller then stabilize after about 15' to 20'. The height of the water surface dropped about 1/2" during this time...
  7. cmw

Sump Pump cycling

R_VTR, thanks for the response. I'll need to find out more about the reliability of this setup. What I do like is the ability to setup the height of the water column to pump out that suits my application.
  8. cmw

Sump Pump cycling

c_c, thanks for your response. Your suggestion for the SJE Rhombus Verticalmaster is a step in the right direction. But, it seems to add only another 1" to my pump out column of water. I would like to find the same design that would allow a 10"-12" pump out column. BTW, I talked to Zoeller...
  9. cmw

Sump Pump cycling

We have been having a lot of rain & snow melt that fills my sump (about 20" dia) rapidly. I'm using a Zoeller M53 that starts about every 28sec. Cycle is 14sec pump out + 14sec refill. The float allows about a 5" reduction of water height & then shuts off for the refill of the sump. The...
  10. cmw

Sump Pump cycles times.

I'm using a Zoeller M53 pump in a 19" diameter X 22" deep sump. The pump is pumping 7' vertically to exhaust the water to an outside drain. The pump cycles every 35 seconds and 23 seconds of that cycle is spent pumping. The pump will be activated about 5 to 10 times/year. My questions are: is...
  11. cmw

Stack sealant failure

tk03........... thanks a lot for the info. I wasn't sure about the material to use.
  12. cmw

Stack sealant failure

See the attached pic. The sealant fell off partially exposing the opening where the stack vents into the chimney. I also see a white cotton(asbestos ???) material between the stack and the wall of the chimney. My questions are: Should I duct tape this exposed area as a temporary fix until I...
  13. cmw

Mold containment

There is a product called Concrobium Mold Control that claims to encapsulate and kill mold. I'm thinking of using this on moldy drywall before removing the drywall. My question is: has anyone used this product with successful results http://www.concrobium.com/
  14. cmw

Stainless S,or Chrome for Basket Strainer/drain for Kitchen ?Too many scratches

I'm referring only to the seal on the Basket Strainer that sits on top of the drain opening.
  15. cmw

Stainless S,or Chrome for Basket Strainer/drain for Kitchen ?Too many scratches

I just installed an Elkay 18 gauge double sink. The sink is great however, the Elkay Basket Strainer (LK35) is not so great. The basket has a thick seal that functions as a seal OK but smells terrible with strong outgassing from the seal. The box states "Made in China". With the Chinese dry wall...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks