Recent content by CLH

1. CLH

City Water Test Results: Need Water Softener

Hi Dittohead, I am trying to reach out to you but not sure how to do that, could you please DM me?
  2. CLH

No I am not installing this myself. I will be hiring a plumber to install everything. do you have a suggestion where I can purchase a water softener that will fit my needs?
  3. CLH

Thanks for the heads u on the location, I changed it. I'm thinking of doing as you suggest and just getting the equipment. Finding someone to do the install now that's another issue.
  4. CLH

I am not installing this myself, I don't have the knowledge, skill, strength to install this. I am trying to find a plumber that will supply and install a water softener. I was under the impression that Pentair was using Fleck controls. While I am only 1 person living here with occasional...
  5. CLH

Ok so what they are recommending will work? I don't know how to tell what that resin is. And do I just ask them for the Fleck 5600SXT? Just finding a company that will put in this kind of softener is difficult, all most of the companies around here put in those cabinet things.
  6. CLH

Ok finally I have moved in. I called the water dept., long discussion, and learned that the hardness is 9. The house has 3 bathroom, one of which the master has a very large tub and a separate shower with 2 shower heads and 3 double body sprays. The fixtures have visible crusting on them...
  7. CLH

Thank you Reach4. I will call the city water dept. I will get the Hach test also to comfirm for my house also. This house is just for me but it does have 4 bedrooms, and I have an occasional guest(s). Will post city results asap and HACH when I get the test sent and results returned.
  8. CLH

I am attaching the city water test results. The water is not horrible but I do see build up on the shower heads, etc. I really prefer to have softened water. Are these results enough to go on? https://www.rwu.org/wp-content/uploads/2021/04/CCR20-Rogers-055.pdf I will have a plumber do the...
  9. CLH

Need Water Softener and Installer Rogers Arkansas

Rephrasing. If you can recommend someone or a company to install a whole house water softener please PM me. This company, if willing, would be updating some of the fixtures, general plumbing repairs, future replacement of 2 50 gal. water heaters, and adding RO in the kitchen. My priority is...
  10. CLH

Bumping please. Still looking for a recommendation of someone to install water softener in Rogers, Arkansas. Anyone?
  11. CLH

Closing on a house in Rogers, Ar mid January. I am looking for a recommendation for a plumber to install a water softener. I am interested in the type of softener that I have at my current home in Houston. It is a basic tank with Clack control. What is being recommended is one of those...
  12. CLH

Proposed new water softener and RO system Advice needed

#3 mentions a 6 gal. tank, the proposal is for 14 gal.
  13. CLH

Ok, here's where we are today. I have gone back and forth with my proposal. Now the following is proposed. From the plumber 1)the bladder tank in garage is a standard 4 Gallon tank. But if there is no Bladder tank upstairs we need to put a bigger one by the RO unit. I can get a 14 gallon...
  14. CLH

Thank you for the sane realistic thoughts. The main use is the ice cubes and how many can I use at one time. The sinks are just for filling my drinking glass or making iced tea. I usually don't use it to boil water for pasta etc.