Recent content by Chris Hudson

1. Chris Hudson

Repairing Broken Drain Vent

Thanks for the response, this is very helpful! One other question, the banded couplings will still work even if the pipe and tee couplings are different sizes? I assume it is intended to be attached / glued to the end of the pipe. Or do I need to buy a tee that is the same diameter as the pipes...
  2. Chris Hudson

Awesome, thanks Terry! I think this seems simple enough to do on my own. I am hoping there no other cracks elsewhere. My guess is this a result of Central Texas soil movement, we have some foundation movement on the property. Lots of clay in the area.
  3. Chris Hudson

The crack location does look like a seam where pipes are joined and on the low side of the fitting. I am trying not to think of how long this has been cracked and water has been passing through the crack into the wall!
  4. Chris Hudson

Hey Terry, thanks for responding. So I can grab the stub out and pull back and forth and the upper pipe moves back and forth while the lower pipe stays still. I think the pipe is completely sheared.
  5. Chris Hudson

Hi Terry Love community, I have been smelling intermittent sewer smell in our downstairs bathroom for several weeks. I have tried all the recommended stuff. Finally I took the whole vanity apart and looked into the drain with a flashlight and discovered the tee connection for the sink drain...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks