Recent content by Charrie

1. Charrie

Did I buy the wrong well pump?

Thanks for the replies. Bannerman, Thanks for the explanation and information on the flow inducer. I will defiantly be adding one when I replace my pump. Looks like they are easy enough to make. I also saw a video about testing a pump. Simple enough to make a test tank and it would serve as the...
  2. Charrie

Is there anything in the pump head that could be bad after 33 years? What do you think the chances of the motor being good and lasting? curious because I found Franklin motor dated 14th week of 2021 new in the box for $300. I have a creek on my property with a couple of deep spots and rock...
  3. Charrie

After searching around a bit, I did find this post from Valveman. "You can store a submersible pump/motor in a container full of water. Just keep the container topped off. Or you can top off it off with distilled water when you get ready to use it. Most can be filled fairly easily from the...
  4. Charrie

Thanks for the reply Reach4. I have learned a good bit in the past 2 hours about this.. Seems I remember a post a year or two ago where I mentioned buying a pump to keep on hand and the water issue was brought up. Now I am thinking about that and maybe this was not such a good deal! I was...
  5. Charrie

Hi all, Is a Grundfos 10S05-9 too big for my replacement pump? My son called me today and told me that one of the last independent hardware stores around here was going out of business. They had a brand new, unopened box, 1/2hp pump left and said that he would take $300 for it. I know that my...
  6. Charrie

need advice on Installing H2O2 injector at well and how to get clean water sample?

Thanks for the reply Valveman. I thought so too and the original instillation had a contact tank. From what i have read, there are times that one might need a contact tank but it is normally not needed with H2O2 and can actually dilute the peroxide making it less effective. According to Clean...
  7. Charrie

need advice on Installing H2O2 injector at well and how to get clean water sample?

I am moving my peroxide injection system up to the well and will be installing a TEE so i can thread the injector in the line. I understand that the injector needs to be installed on the line from the pump and before the pressure tank. Without just re-plumbing everything, I am limited as to...
  8. Charrie

What is causing air bubbles in supply line

As far as I can tell, at the moment there are no more air bubbles in either filter when running water in the house. The kitchen faucet has burped a couple of times when running hot water. I tend to think it had to be air in the softener tank but will keep an eye on the pump and drop pipe as I...
  9. Charrie

Cheapest way to lower manganese

Thanks guys. Yes I defiantly want to install a overflow line on the brine tank. My tank has somewhat of a cheap plastic float valve and is of poor design if you ask me. The tube (forgot the name of it, brine well?) that houses the float valve is held in place with a plastic rivet that goes...
  10. Charrie

Thanks for the replies guys. I had worked on the plumbing all day yesterday and so today after experimenting a bit more, i think I may have come up with a different reason for air bubbles in the supply line filter housing when the main water valve is turned back on. I want to see what you guys...
  11. Charrie

Hi, I just installed 2 whole house filters, one before the water softener and one after. They have a clear sump and I noticed when I turned the water back on, the first filter fed from the supply line had quite a bit of air bubbles in it and then it stopped after running the water about a minute...
  12. Charrie

I finally made some progress today and am almost one step closer to having good drinking water! I won't go into detail on why the 3 trips back to the parts store or how one needs to stay focused when gluing, especially those $8 unions! I just finished all the connections tonight and will wait...
  13. Charrie

Thanks for the reply Taylorjm. I read it a bit late though. I could not get in touch with anyone at GE to find out what the plastic housings are made of but everything i read online said most filters are made with polypropylene and or polyethylene. With thehead normally being polypropylene. I...
  14. Charrie

I may have a problem now. I was reading a couple of threads here about installing unions and came across a post by Reach4 about using Rectorseal 5 pipe thread sealant on plastic pipe and recommended Rectorseal T-2 which i also read is made for PVC, ABS, and CPVC. Then there is this thread...
  15. Charrie

What a dummy, I can really be a little slow sometimes. After giving it a bit more thought, I came up with a better idea. The 2 pipes coming up through the floor are PEX and have crimped on 3/4" female brass adapters on their ends. The pipe on the RT is short while the pipe on the left comes up...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks