Recent content by Casecapital

1. Casecapital

My hot and cold water pipes appear to intersect at some point

The backs re not accessible, so I will need to listen from the front. Thanks again!
  2. Casecapital

The heater was still making heat, but it was 21 years old and we had to turn the red dial to the "Full Heat" to get the water to be hot. When I drained it, there was a lot of sediment, so I am sure the bottom was full of it after 21 years of use. I figured I was on borrowed time at this point...
  3. Casecapital

Sure, i will try that as well! I am open to any ideas. I assume it is best to open up the face plate and get my ear as close to the vavle as possible, correct? Thank you for the idea!
  4. Casecapital

That is a great point. I already know that when my cold water inlet is turned off at the heater, the cold water backs up into the hot water line and flows through it. I guess I will hope there is a way to turn off all 3 of the shower valves before the water hits the cartridges of each, and hope...
  5. Casecapital

Thank you for this info! I have begun the process to order new cartridges for all 5 single handle valves in my house.
  6. Casecapital

Thank you for this info. I have 3 shower valves and 2 single handle faucets. I have begun to order new cartridges for all 5 of these and will replace all once I have them to see if that fixes the issue. After reading everyone's responses, I have to believe it must be one of these 5 that is...
  7. Casecapital

Sorry - I replaced the heater, due to it being 20 years old and beginning to not heat properly. I put in a new hybrid electric one by Rheem. I have tested the water coming out of the new heater and it is heated to the correct temp, so I know that it is working as it should. I will try your...
  8. Casecapital

Thank you for all of this information Wayne! I will try that this weekend and see if I can locate where the crossover is happening. We do have one faucet now in one of our bathrooms that is not getting any hot water on the hot side, so maybe that is the culprit? Do you feel that there is...
  9. Casecapital

NEW QUESTION - Ok, I didn't seem to find any shower or sink valves that are doing any crossover, so I tried this: I unhooked the water heater water lines - I then turned off the main water source and drained both the hot and cold water lines where they come out of the walls at the water...
  10. Casecapital

Thank you for all of your ideas! I will begin to test my shower valves today. I have 3 to test. We didn't experience any issues or "crossover" with our old showers or faucet, but the strange thing is that when I was unhooking the old water heater, I noticed that the cold water supply line...
  11. Casecapital

Thank you! I will read that crossover link and let you know what I find. I truly appreciate the quick response? Just wondering - When they moved my water heater from left side of the house to the right during the renovation, it was towards the end of the renovation, and the house had already...
  12. Casecapital

Hello, I'm replacing our water heater. STRANGE - before I removed the old water heater, I touched the two flex hoses attached to the top of the water heater. There was a copper pipe that came out of the left side of the wall (that did not have a shut-off valve attached to it, until I put...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks