Recent content by Brody Reb

1. Brody Reb

Fleck 5800SXT recommended settings

Thank you so much for the # comments. I was having a hard time wrapping my head around the variables and the actual result of certain settings. That really helps.
  2. Brody Reb

Well pump recommendation with high static water

I will revisit this and report back. I have the pressure switch set to 50/70 for sure. I must have adjusted the CSV incorrectly or did not have the right fixture gpm flowing for accurate adjustment. Love your CSV though! I look forward to long water uses like watering outside now.
  3. Brody Reb

Thank you. Do you agree with the C - 40, and BF - 19?
  4. Brody Reb

Update for anyone curious that comes across this thread. The advice I received has been spot on. The Grundfos SQ pump along with CSV work great together. PSI before CSV stays under 200 PSI with pressure switch set from 50-70. Still dialing in CSV based on needs, but keeps the pump from cycling...
  5. Brody Reb

Water: Well water supply - 13 gpg hardness, 0.164 mg/L iron, 0.034 mg/L manganese Water setup in order: Carbon backwash filter 12x52 Fleck 5800SXT Softener: Fleck 5800SXT Valve, injector black, Drain Flow 3.5gpm (label), 1" ss bypass, 2.0 cu ft resin, 64,000 grain capacity. 5 micron Big Blue UV...
  6. Brody Reb

Water Test Results - Advice for softener and filtration

Another good idea as always. I've taken valuable advice from you in the past. I plan to update those posts soon as I've now completed and am in the tinkering phase. Thank you
  7. Brody Reb

Thank you, I plan to go with your suggestion.
  8. Brody Reb

Like many advertisements, Katalox Light looks like the solution to many problems. However, I read that Ph needs to be 8.0 or higher for Katalox to properly filter manganese. My Ph is not high enough. I think I will go with your suggestions. The iron and manganese levels are low enough...
  9. Brody Reb

Thanks Reach. Is there any disadvantage to using Katalox Light instead of Centaur besides the higher backwash GPM requirement? I wanted to remove manganese even at .034 mg/L.
  10. Brody Reb

Just got our standard water test back from National Testing Labs. This is our first well and I would really appreciate your advice on softener and filtration recommendations. 5 person household with average water usage. 1" main. 15 GPM. 50-70 psi. Planning to install in this order. Whole...
  11. Brody Reb

What's this pipe for in foundation?

What's the purpose of this black pipe for the ground plumbing? It was about 5.5" diameter.
  12. Brody Reb

Good reminder, I'll take valvemans advice to remove the handle.
  13. Brody Reb

Thanks for the great info and advice from both of you. I will be adding ball valves when I set this up, but want to minimize potential errors I make since it's all new to me. If or when the dole valve fails, I'll play with using the ball valve to limit flow then.
  14. Brody Reb

20 gpm seems to be more common and easy to source. What happens if 18/20 gpm is exceeded on the CSV? Does that cause premature wear on the CSV? Or does that exceed the pressure limit the CSV is capable of knocking down?
  15. Brody Reb

I can't find a 18 gpm dole valve or a retailer listing the Flomatic CDX17 part #. I will try to contact a few dealers. These were the closest to 18 I came across without exceeding. Do you all have preference or advice on a brand to avoid? Even though it's adding another device for potential...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks