Recent content by Brian_in_Virginia

1. Brian_in_Virginia

CPVC from geothermal unit to water heater pre-heat tank failing

Many, many thanks for the information. Everything you say makes a LOT of sense. I was leaning toward having a plumber replace everything near the units with copper anyway. You've validated that I want to go that direction. I'll also request the additional check valves. Finally, thanks for...
  2. Brian_in_Virginia

Thanks for the reply. I also received the same recommendation. I'll likely have the pipes replaced with copper until well away from the units. I'm thinking refrigerant or oil used when working on the units affected the CPVC. Either that or the vibration of the units weakened the CPVC joints...
  3. Brian_in_Virginia

Thanks for the reply and the question. I'm not sure what the fluid is within the geothermal loop. I think it's water mixed with something to help heat transfer, but I don't know. I'm confident the storage tanks are isolated. Fresh water comes into the HVAC, there's heat transfer, and...
  4. Brian_in_Virginia

Hi all, Newbie here. I'm hoping I can get some advice about the CPVC leading from my geothermal units to the storage tank for pre-heated water. My system is set up so the geothermal dumps excess heat (during the summer cooling period) into tap water so the water heater has less work to do. A...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks