Recent content by Boyblue

1. Boyblue

Finish nailer or crown staples for picket fence

Although it is not advised, here’s my argument for using finish nails for wood fence planks. The planks will be cut from pallet wood, and because pallet wood splits so easily, I'm thinking 16 gage finish nails or 18 gauge crown staples may be a superior option, especially if glued. I am totally...
  2. Boyblue

Toilets constantly running continuously

Thank you for your response. I've been thinking that my issue was mechanical and in a sense it is, but it's not the product but the installer that may need to be changed.
  3. Boyblue

Toilets constantly running continuously

12 low income apartments and we are constantly fixing running water from toilets. These toilets are all contractor grade with trip lever, chain, ballcock & flapper. I'm wondering there is a system that is more trouble free or if there is a way to set things up so the chain doesn't get caught...
  4. Boyblue

Pumping septic water into soakaway or disposal well

I have a 2500 gallon septic tank, serving ten bathrooms (toilet, basin & shower), serving on average 15 to 20 people. The combination of a low a floor (ground floor level is basically 6" above ground), steeper than necessary drain slope, a high water table (2' bellow ground at high tide) and...
  5. Boyblue

Contaminated well water - Fix needed for all but drinking water

I have a rental property with 12 units supplied by a shallow well. The waste goes into a septic tank with what we call a soakaway, which is a covered pit with no side walls that allows the water level to rise and fall with the tide. The well is more than 50' from any cesspit (what we call the...
  6. Boyblue

1.Water heater thermostat bracket replacement & grounding 2.Removing water from between tank & shell

Sorry for the delayed response, I was happy to have hot water and just got busy, but the issue you mentioned with the water over heating is now a reality. The thermostat hasn't been working properly because as you see it's not positioned against the tank. I'm looking for another thermostat...
  7. Boyblue

1.Water heater thermostat bracket replacement & grounding 2.Removing water from between tank & shell

The Main ground is connected. The ground I'm referring to is near the bottom next to the thermostat cover.
  8. Boyblue

They do not sell replacement brackets for the water heater thermostat in these parts, so I'm trying to find a way to ground the tank without the bracket. Advice from one plumber is ignore/remove the ground wire and another plumber suggest I find a way to attach the ground to the tank. Another...
  9. Boyblue

Converting Sleep sofa to sofa using plywood as seat foundation

I'm turning a regular sofa into a sleep sofa. The upholsterer I spoke with suggested a plywood thickness that would have some give because he explained the the cushions would ware out quickly otherwise. He suggested 1/4" but I'm afraid that's too thin, so "I'm thinking 3/8" would be a good...
  10. Boyblue

I'm sure you're right about the 1/4" but I stopped by another upholsterer this morning (he owes me some work so he didn't mind sharing his trade secret) and he is suggesting I use 3/8" and frame the perimeter with 1 x 3" - no cross members necessary. I realize that furniture construction is...
  11. Boyblue

I would like to convert some sleep sofas into regular sofas by removing the bed mechanism and framing inside the perimeter with 2 x 3. I'm thinking 1 x 3 doesn't have enough girth and those are the only options available to me. Should I use one or two members front to back? The plan is to...
  12. Boyblue

I have a Leader 110 pump jet pump, a 120 gallon galvanized tank and a CSV 12540-1

I guess this is one of those "one of these things don't belong here" situations. I'l bite the bullet & buy the smaller tank. A 120 gallon tank here is over $900.00, maybe I can get a sale.
  13. Boyblue

I have a Leader 110 pump jet pump, a 120 gallon galvanized tank and a CSV 12540-1

With this configuration how do I run my air line? On the old setup the line ran from the AVC to the pressure switch. Do I now attach an air filler where the AVC was and run the air line from the pressure switch to a somewhere in the piping near the tank entrance?
  14. Boyblue

Firstly I would like to use the 120 gallon tank because it's still in good condition and because we have regular power outages so the 30 gallon drawdown would be nice; but I don't know if it will cause issues with the Cycle Stop Valve. Secondly, if I use the 120 gallon tank does it make sense...
  15. Boyblue

Thanks guys, you helped me pick the right pump & the Cycle Stop Valve works as advertised

I guess I was a nuisance back 6 months ago when I was trying to select a couple well systems. I just thought I'd thank you all for your sage advice. FYI I went with the 2ST52-12PLUS-P4 a 1/2 hp Myers Predator for my home application and the 2ST102-20PLUS-P4 (1 hp 20 gpm) for the 12 unit...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks