Recent content by Bob2701

1. Bob2701

No C wire connection in SR 506 zone control

I gave up on this Google Nest Thermostat. (Mirrored face) I took the board out and traced to the other side of the 24vac transformer and soldered a jumper to it. I sent this up to the thermostat and had 24vac between R & C but the thermostat changed it's error from N260 to N261. Both meaning...
  2. Bob2701

This is basically what I have with the 24vac transformer, my problem is that I'm unsure where to connect both wires at the thermostat. It looks like I should be able to just piggyback on the R and the other wire to the C but I would like to be sure as to not damage the thermostat or zone control.
  3. Bob2701

@fitter30 I took a measurement as you asked but only read about 3-4vac. From the metal housing I got 37vac but I'm thinking that is from the 120ac rather than the transformer. I checked the splice I mentioned and the 24vac from that transformer was feeding the clock on another old thermostat. I...
  4. Bob2701

OK, thanks I'll give that a try tomorrow. So since at the panel they are both marked T-T if I get the 24vac that one would be the R? I found a splice where the tech tied into so I just have to determine which side to use. The one circled is from the transformer ans the white wire is from the...
  5. Bob2701

Looking to install a Google Nest thermostat and it says I need a power source. I have an older SR 506 from Sweet Controls in CT and there is no connections for a C wire, only T-T for each thermostat. Is there any way to get a C wire on this panel? TIA, Bob
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks