Recent content by Benjdow

1. B

Softener setup help for extremely hard water

Can anyone recommend a good source to purchase from? Any reputable forum sponsors?
  2. B

This gives me peace of mind, thank you. I had to DIY repipe my entire 2400sq ft house due to slab leaks in copper pipe, which I assume was caused by hard water. Do you happen to know what your hardness level is with your current softener setup?
  3. B

Fellas, again thank you for the advice and help. So would this be an appropriate solution? 1st stage Fleck 9100sxt Twin 2^ft resin tank? 2nd stage Use my existing fleck 5800 sxt and 3^ft tank? Dumb question, but would I need a 2nd brine tank? (I do have another brine tank I'm not using)
  4. B

Reach4, Bannerman, Thank you for the replies, very helpful! Both of you mention a two tank system. I'm not opposed to investing into a different setup. I was under the impression that a 2 tank system was solely to circumvent using hard water during regen, sounds like there's more to it? What...
  5. B

Sorry, should've mentioned 3 people live in our house
  6. B

Hello, I'm hoping I can get some help from you smart folks on a water softener rehab project. We're on well water and I finally got the water tested, it's about 40gpg higher than I thought. Our water hardness is 101gpg. Our water softener has been installed for 20 years, and we've been in...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks