Recent content by AverageIdiot

1. AverageIdiot

Terry Love- cancer update

Terry and family, I haven't spent as long on this forum as many others, but I must share my gratitude for all Terry has done. For any of my plumbing related questions, my first search is always here. As a DIY homeowner doing renovations, this forum has been invaluable and would be my first...
  2. AverageIdiot

Bathroom venting, toilet on top

Thanks. What I was planning on now is, since the lav does has a vent, running the shower into the lav drain to wet vent it, then to the main stack. Sort of as I tried to draw below Note I didn't draw it but the lav has a dry vent up through the wall.
  3. AverageIdiot

Thinking about how to rebuild this now. The pic shows the mess I'm dealing with that I diagrammed in the first post. Should I still let the wc drop directly to the stack, or bring the vent into a new stack and tie the toilet into that? Note the pipes marked with X are going to be gone. The...
  4. AverageIdiot

Good ideas. Thanks for the info. I'll take another look tonight with this insight and see what I can come up with.
  5. AverageIdiot

Thanks. So if I disconnect the vent below the toilet and move it over to the shower trap arm, say about half way between the shower and toilet, that would be sufficient? Maybe 2 feet from toilet and 3 feet from shower trap or so?
  6. AverageIdiot

Gotcha. That's what I was thinking. Thanks for confirming.
  7. AverageIdiot

Hi all, Working on some bathroom remodel and was wondering what you thought of the existing plumbing. I'm mostly concerned with determining if I should add a vent for the shower. Currently the toilet is directly on top of the main soil stack. Next is a 3" vent pipe off a tee to the roof. Then...
  8. AverageIdiot

Main stack advice

B is about 15ft of 2" to the existing kitchen sink where there is an s trap, no vent pipe or aav. Between the main stack and kitchen, the bathroom existing lav and shower tie in, again with no vent pipes on this line. Only vent in the whole system is the main cast iron pipe shown in the pics. I...
  9. AverageIdiot

Main stack advice

My recently aquired old home has the main stack as shown in the pics. The home inspector did not flag anything here prior to purchase, but I'm looking for any advice here on any issues you see or how to tie in for future renovations. A: unused 2" that was for a washing machine in basement. B...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks