Recent content by Andy.O

1. Andy.O

New Water Heater and Rotten Egg Smell

It just occurred to me that the water used to feel really hot when just the hot water ran. So I checked the old water heater and it was set between 130-135. The new one is factory set at 120. I’m wondering if that’s not hot enough and is just incubating some bacteria. I’m going to try turning it...
  2. Andy.O

Thanks guys! In a quick search of anode rods, what is the advantage to using the powered Ceranode ($100ish) over a non-powered, magnesium anode rod ($43ish)? Also, HD has hex-plug style and nipple style; what’s the difference?
  3. Andy.O

We have lived in our house for 5 years, and have loved our well water and Kinetico water softener system. I realized our water heater was 22 years old so, instead of waiting for it to stop working, I replaced it about 3 weeks ago on a weekend it was convenient. However, almost immediately I...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks