Recent content by AMFarms

1. AMFarms

Lake Water System Setup

Thanks for the info. I think we are going to try a holding tank on the low volume well for now, I cannot imagine our environmental regulations (BC Canada) letting us do any major digging/blasting into the shore (I do know bedrock sits high here but not really sure what the layers are).
  2. AMFarms

Lake Water System Setup

thanks!! This has all been very helpful. I think this set up will be our first plan. Seems more reliable and more well known. We would not be able to get a holding tank high enough to gravity feed anything. I assumed we would have to have a float and secondary pump set up to the pressure tank in...
  3. AMFarms

Lake Water System Setup

this is our biggest unknown. I think we can. My partner thinks not. I may have to find a local resource on this.
  4. AMFarms

Lake Water System Setup

ok thank you! This was really what we were trying to figure out. I had read some people had managed year round lake water supply by trenching into the shore and somehow getting it out below the freeze line.
  5. AMFarms

Lake Water System Setup

Ahh right. This is the other option we considered. The flow rate on the well is estimated at 0.25GPM. It was drilled April of 2016 and has sat since. This might be the less complicated of the two, we were just alarmed by the really low flow rate. But we do understand we could use a large holding...
  6. AMFarms

Lake Water System Setup

We have decent enough land we should be able to trench all pipe below the frost line. Would this eliminate the need for a drain-back system? As member water pro mentioned, heating an above ground line can be done but gets pricey from what I have seen.
  7. AMFarms

Lake Water System Setup

This is our next issue, whether we can pump directly into a pressure tank from that far away, or whether we are best with a storage tank and a secondary pump that brings that water into the pressure tank. The idea is to do this right the first time, we don't mind up front cost for a system that...
  8. AMFarms

Lake Water System Setup

I think I understand the concept of the pitiless adapter. Basically we could connect a buoy to the pump and pull it directly up from the pipe for R&M, while the rest of the piping remained in the lake? Unfortunately there are no depth charts available for this lake, we are completely guessing on...
  9. AMFarms

Lake Water System Setup

Hey all. My partner and I recently purchased an off grid property with a legal water license to pull water from the lake for domestic use. The property has a well that was drilled four years ago and produces approx 0.25 GPM.... hence why we are exploring the lake option first. The lake shore is...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks