Recent content by ACWxRADR

1. ACWxRADR

Iron filter for irrigation system

Very good points from Ditto and Reach. Making a system like this work is greatly dependent upon space (land space) and overall water quality coming out of the well. I would think that a rather large storage tank would be required. The positive perk here is the lack of need for any special...
  2. ACWxRADR

Iron filter for irrigation system

Flower, I personally would not treat the irrigation water (to remove the iron) with any special media. I would investigate natural aeration within a "precipitation" tank. My idea specifically would be to buy a VERY LARGE plastic water storage tank (above ground or buried) and pump the well...
  3. ACWxRADR

Winterizing water filters for a cabin

Dittohead, I am glad to hear that you believe this option will work out ok. All other options would be much more involved and "iffy" if there were to be a power outage over winter. I did have one other step to add to the process I mentioned above that would follow the draining and drying. I...
  4. ACWxRADR

Winterizing water filters for a cabin

I have a unique question here. I am installing three 10" x 54" water filter tanks with Fleck back-flush valves at my cabin. The media I am using will be Bear River zeolite (BRZ), Clack BIRM and Jacobi catalytic carbon in each of the tanks, in that order. One media per tank. Is there a way to...
  5. ACWxRADR

Water well filtration

Matt and Ditto, Thanks very much for your sincere and professional input! I truly appreciate the advice from both of you. Since my water tests for hydrogen sulfide and pH were good, I decided to start with BIRM media first, as a trial run. It is less expensive and requires less backwash flow...
  6. ACWxRADR

Water well filtration

Hi Dittohead, The Katalox media caught my attention and I was looking into it. However, it required a greater backwash flow because it is a little more dense than BIRM and I was apprehensive about that. It is a little more expensive than BIRM, but not a huge margin. Roughly $40 more per...
  7. ACWxRADR

Water well filtration

Matt, Thank you. I know that a water softener will work for low ppm iron, but my goal was to set up a system where it was not necessary to rejuvenate the media with any chemicals (salt or otherwise). I was looking for a stand alone system that operated with back-washing only. This is the...
  8. ACWxRADR

Water well filtration

Thanks Valveman, sounds good to me! Gordo
  9. ACWxRADR

Water well filtration

I feared H2S content because the water smelled "off" coming right out of the well. This is why I applied the Hach H2S test and repeated it several times. It came up negative (zero H2S) every time. So what I smell is just river mud or stale water, not H2S. It does NOT smell like rotten eggs...
  10. ACWxRADR

Water well filtration

Requesting advice. I have not completed all my water evaluation tests yet, but I have completed two in situ tests to discover the pH and (H2S) hydrogen sulfide parameters. My new well water pH is 7.05 and the H2S is reading zero after conducting a Hach HS-C test several times - straight from...
  11. ACWxRADR

Pressure Tank Outbuilding

tvl, I'm in Nebraska (zone 5 in regards to climate zone). At our cabin resort community, we have not experienced too many troubles with our well systems through humid summers or cold @$$ winters. Most of our enclosures are set on a 4" concrete pad with the well pipe routed through a larger...
  12. ACWxRADR

New submersible deep well installation

I was very confused by his quote. The $4150 cost was not inclusive of the actual well bore installation. I need to add $1,600 to $1,975, depending upon how many wells he drills at this location (1, 2 or 3). The more people he gets signed up, the greater discount he can give us. He separated...
  13. ACWxRADR

I am supplying the pressure tank since I already have it. 40 gallon H2O WORKS brand that I got from a local hardware store years ago. I'll have to discuss the specifics of the pump and controller when I see him this weekend. But, if everyone thinks this estimate is at least reasonable, then I...
  14. ACWxRADR

My cabin neighbor is a well driller / installer and owns or is the co-owner of the well company. He is a really great guy and I have known him for many years, although I have never done any well business with him before. His company has installed at least three wells here within our cabin...
  15. ACWxRADR

Septic tank. $200 down the Hole?

BorderCollie, You are definitely asking for a lot of headaches and troubles and future expenses. You should really heed the warnings from Reach in post #4, Craigpump in post #7, Ballvalve in post #9 and Greenmonster in post #11. I personally think that you are being totally unreasonable and...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks