Recent content by abacuslearns

1. abacuslearns

Help with a water (ph?) filter...

I don't even know what that means "rebed the filter"
  2. abacuslearns

I tested the water on bypass and using the enclosed chart (shown below). Everything was in SAFE except for PH which was a 2. That doesn't surprise me because low ph was the reason we had the filter installed. What does surprise me is the iron. I can taste it. We get yellow stain on white...
  3. abacuslearns

I picked up one of the ProLab home test kits today. I have no way to test the water before the filter. Therefore should I put the filter in bypass and take a water sample from the downstairs bathroom sink (closest to the filter) and then put the filter back in service and do it again in order...
  4. abacuslearns

excellent. I will see what I can find here in Connecticut. Thanks.
  5. abacuslearns

Is a water test something I can do? A kit or something?
  6. abacuslearns

thanks for that info...with that I was able to find some info on the Fleck 5600. Questions: 1.) I have included a picture of behind the valve. This appears to be the bypass switch. So, to open the tank, I would first move this from 'service' to 'bypass'? How does this lever move? It...
  7. abacuslearns

About 4 years ago we were getting blue stains in our sinks so a company came in and removed our very old culligan water softener (2 skinny tanks, short wide tank) and installed a single tank system. They told us at the time that the old Culligan unit wasn't really functioning and that we didn't...
  8. abacuslearns

Tub/Shower temperature

wow- same problem with a Symmons... obviously this has happened before.. https://terrylove.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6202&highlight=symmons
  9. abacuslearns

Tub/Shower temperature

I did just find this post also: https://terrylove.com/forums/showthread.php?t=24915&highlight=symmons ...if anyone would like to suggest/add anything else- please do... thanks!
  10. abacuslearns

Tub/Shower temperature

I have a Symmons temptrol valve in our shower. The problem we have been having is that we don't get hot enough water to draw a bath- yet strangely (to me anyway) the shower is hot enough. When drawing a bath, the water is hot for about 30 seconds and then goes lukewarm (about 85 degrees). In...
  11. abacuslearns

Need advice removing shower drain trap (pictures)

Yeah- I managed to reach that conclusion on my own. :rolleyes:
  12. abacuslearns

No- and I am not even sure what that means. Do you mean the plate with the lever that opens and closes the drain? Unscrew and pull that ensemble up and out right into the tub and then snake from there?
  13. abacuslearns

Our shower drain has gotten increasing s-l-o-w to the point where you are standing in water over your ankles by the end of a shower. I tried to plunge it- no help, tried to snake it but couldn't get the snake to really penetrate the drain. So I decided to see what the trap looks like. We...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks