Recent content by 428dragpak

1. 428dragpak

Well pump on last legs?

The filter is after the water conditioner. He has to come back tomorrow as the new tank has a slight leak. So I will ask him to get me once he is finished and starts backwashing and I will video it and report back.
  2. 428dragpak

Well pump on last legs?

Hi Cary, That's what I thought also. So figured I would open up the 1 filter I have on my main line, and low and behold there is a junked up filter in their lmao...egg on face... Yesterday my only memory of that filter cartridge was from removing it when I first moved into the house in 08...
  3. 428dragpak

Well pump on last legs?

I just spoke to my water conditioner tech. He stated when he puts the unit in back flush mode the pump struggles to keep up with the water demand.
  4. 428dragpak

Well pump on last legs?

I installed a pressure gauge in the basement laundry. It reads around 5psi lower than the tank gauge. Once I turn on the shower and kitchen faucet the pressure gauge drops to zero. The shower is directly above the laundry and they are on the same single feed, which branches off. The tank gauge...
  5. 428dragpak

Well pump on last legs?

Hi Cary, The gauge does go to zero once the tank is drained. Once drained the tank at Schrader valve was 32psi. I checked the tank pressure as water was running and the tank draining down. The pressure at the valve was reading the same as the gauge on the bottom of the tank.
  6. 428dragpak

Well pump on last legs?

Thanks for the clarification. I was looking at the end of the faucet and not the wall connection! My washing machine actually tee's off the side of that and that also looks like a hose bib size. I will go and get one of those gauges and report back with my findings. Thanks again for your help.
  7. 428dragpak

Well pump on last legs?

I will turn off the pump etc tomorrow and also your other suggestions. Ok so that is why a small tank is suggested for the CSV. That makes sense. Well makes sense now after I have learnt so much, lol.
  8. 428dragpak

Well pump on last legs?

I do have an outside hose bib that is after the neutralizer and T's off the main supply line, right above all my equipment. Would it be suitable to attach the pressure gauge there?
  9. 428dragpak

Well pump on last legs?

And our acid neutralizer was just re-bedded 2 days ago, so no restrictions through the media.And the water tech did not mention the head could be causing a loss of flow, which I imagine he would seeing we were talking about it and it would be an opportunity to perhaps sell me something.
  10. 428dragpak

Well pump on last legs?

Hi Reach4, There is no cartridge filter on the main supply. I did forget to mention we have a drinking filter on the kitchen cold faucet, which does reduce the pressure there. But we have a lack of pressure/flow when any 2 "outlets" are open in the house. My laundry tap is not the same...
  11. 428dragpak

Well pump on last legs?

Hi and thanks for the input. I have read quite a few post' about the CSV. Yes the 40 feels worse than the 60 but the 60 is poor, as stated. There isn't a filter. So there is a hose bib just after the pressure switch on my Tank T. With my equipment listed how do I measure I am getting the right...
  12. 428dragpak

Well pump on last legs?

Before turning anything on my pressure gauge read 47psi. It slowly went down in a uniform manner until minute 2:34 and the pump kicked on. It went up in a uniform manner until it reached 60psi at minute 3:17. So 43 secs. Then it drew down again in a uniform manner to 40psi until minute 8:06. So...
  13. 428dragpak

Well pump on last legs?

Thanks for the quick response. I will check this out and report back.
  14. 428dragpak

Well pump on last legs?

In notes taken in 08 we are on the Cohansey Aquifer and it's 8ft deep. I am guessing that the top of the water is 8ft down?
  15. 428dragpak

Well pump on last legs?

Hello, Long first post... This week I had my water conditioner/acid neutralizer serviced. The tech said the pressure tank was cycling incorrectly and re-calibrated it (which I assume was just letting some air out or adjusting the pressure switch). He said to keep an eye on it but he thought...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks