Recent content by 3h4life

1. 3h4life

12 ft horizontal vent pipe in attic for toilet?

I'll have to go up there and double check again, but I believe it's running flat across the rafters. Is leaving it flat a big concern, or likely not develop problems in the future? What is worst case scenario?
  2. 3h4life

Mixet, What shower control is this?

Thank you. Yes, this looks to be the Mixet. I must have the longer stem because I bought this trim kit and the temperature control handle couldn't go all the way back to properly sit on the stem. Is there another brand that is compatible with my Mixet rough-in that offers a more modern design...
  3. 3h4life

Thank you Terry! You're expert opinion gives me relief!
  4. 3h4life

Hi, I have a 1-story, 2 bathroom home where originally my master bathroom and guest bathroom toilets were facing back to back with a shared double sanitary tee connection and 2" vertical vent pipe to the roof. Now I have relocated my master bathroom toilet approximately 12 ft away and my...
  5. 3h4life

Mixet, What shower control is this?

Hi everyone, I need help identifying what aged shower control this is so I can replace it. It's approximately 20 years old and the only identifying mark I can see says "SP" at the bottom of the trim plate. And how would I remove this valve? There's like a nut screw around the valve stem, but...
  6. 3h4life

Reducing sound of water running in pipes throughout house

Everytime I use my shower, kitchen faucet, or sprinkler system, I can hear the water running in the pipes through my walls and attic. Is there a way I can reduce the noise? It sounds something like... KUUUSHHHHHHHH.... no rattling or banging. Is this something common that I just have to deal...
  7. 3h4life

Help removing 2 Grohe shower tub handles with no screws!

More pics for better understanding.
  8. 3h4life

So I was told by Grohe to purchase and install new cartridges (45882/hot; 45883/cold), then I would be able to install some of their compatible handles. I purchased the Talia: 19262, however, I noticed it came with its own cartridge already screwed into the handle as well. When I took out the...
  9. 3h4life

And if it matters, the length of the stem from the wall is 2.25". I tried buying a universal fit escutcheon and handle but the handle wasn't deep enough to fit over the stem and completely secure the handle in place.
  10. 3h4life

Thanks for all the responses. I was able to pull out the handles like Terry mentioned. Now I'm looking at the valve stems? Do you know what handles would be compatible with these stems now or do I need to replace them as well to fit new handles. If I need to remove them, how do they come...
  11. 3h4life

Thanks Terry, I'll give it a shot later. A few days ago, I didn't understand the intricacies of changing out shower handles. I assumed it was a simple remove and replace with whatever you like, however, I was told you have to stick with the same brand in order to fit? I've been shopping big...
  12. 3h4life

I have 2 bathrooms, both using the same type of shower handle/knobs but in different colors. I would like to replace them, however, I'm unable to remove the knobs. I can't locate any screws on them at all and I have no clue how they are attached to begin with. I tried pushing and twisting the...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks