Recent content by 149256

1. 149256

Terminology for HVAC system

Thanks. Yes I do realize that the outside units are condensers. The system does the flue it's just not visible. It's 2 inch PVC pipe, its a condensing furnace. And yes it's gas heat also there are two thermostats that control each of the ducting separately for gas heat and cooling they also have...
  2. 149256

Terminology for HVAC system

I have an older HVAC unit and I just want to know the correct terminology for what type of system it is. I have a single gas furnace air handler that feeds 2 separated slab evaporator coils. There are 2 duct systems separate from each other and each duct system is connected to one evaporator...
  3. 149256

Help with Grohe valve installation

HJ, The kit i ordered said "Grohe GrohFlex Single Function Pressure Balance Trim with control module for shower only or shower/tub with diverter applications. Integrated bypass option for diverter tub spout. 1 axis operation. 6.6-GPM at 45 PSI. Complete with required 35026 universal rough-in...
  4. 149256

Thanks HJ, so to sweat the threaded connections do you prep them then tighten them all the way and then heat and apply the solder?
  5. 149256

Thanks Terry. From your picture it looks like you used 1/2 male adapters with tape and or pipe dope into the rough in box, is that correct? I would do that but fear that sweating a 90 right after that, with no straight copper between the adapter and 90, will damage the seal in the threads...
  6. 149256

Thanks Jim, It is not an dual purpose valve. The rough in box has threaded female ports so it is not smooth inside. I don't think a twin-el is called for with this valve. The rough in box, which is actually part of the complete valve assembly after installation, has 2 inlet ports and 2 outlet...
  7. 149256

I was looking for some advice. My experience level is good DIYer who can do a satisfactory sweat job. I am renovating an alcove tub/shower and installing a Grohe shower arm/head, new valve/trim, and tub spout. I am using Grohflex universal rough in box that came with the valve and trim. The...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks