Recent content by 119jpj911

1. 119jpj911

Main floor bathroom layout ideas

Looking for help laying out a main floor bathroom that is about 9’x14’. It’s a corner fed room with a cabinet behind the door that is not seen in the drawing. There is a 24x48 window on the exterior wall on the top right. We were thinking of doing a walk in shower and a separate bathtub but are...
  2. 119jpj911

Basement sewer smell after showering.

Not inside the house they are not. It’s possible the floor drain is connected to the septic then. If I had to guess, the floor drain has been plugged for a long time and they were perfectly fine with the clean out being used as it was still open. I appreciate all the responses. This site has...
  3. 119jpj911

I live in a rural area. In my last home, I was told the floor drains connect to the county field tile system and not the septic. This floor drain is much older than the septic as well and was firing it’s the same in this place. It’s across the farm field from my past home, it’s older than my...
  4. 119jpj911

Well it looks like the floor drain, specifically the trap is plugged real bad. Mostly sand, small pieces of concrete and chunks of debris. I tried a pistol style drain opener and nothing. The clean out is open and that’s how it’s still draining and that’s where all the sewer gas is coming from...
  5. 119jpj911

Septic was pumped two months ago. This floor drain isn’t connected to the septic. The septic exits the house about ten feet away and two feet up on the wall.
  6. 119jpj911

It’s not vented like that. Upon further inspection, it’s sewer gas coming out of the hole from the picture.
  7. 119jpj911

Some Unfortunate circumstances put me in a rental home with some issues. It’s a turn of the century two story farm house with an unfinished basement and a septic system. The main level fixtures have been converted to PVC but the main stack is still cast iron. I have two problems. 1. The...
  8. 119jpj911

Main floor laundry plumbing and venting

The tub doesn’t drain so well and I figured it was partly due to all the bends in the pipe. Doesn’t ever smell though. Neither the kitchen or the basement washer stand pipe are vented. I planned on putting an AAV in the kitchen though just haven’t got to it! I have not and do not plan to...
  9. 119jpj911

The house is a rambler, main floor and basement. This is a 1958 house so the kitchen sink isn’t vented now, nor do I believe it ever was and it works alright along with a dishwasher draining to it. I want to keep the basement laundry as well.
  10. 119jpj911

This is what i would like to do.
  11. 119jpj911

I am adding main floor laundry to my house and am stuck on how to plumb it. My main floor consists of of a full bathroom, a powder room and a kitchen. The basement washer drains to a stand pipe at the floor but is not the lowest drain in the system. This is not directly vented but put in by a...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks