Washer machine in basement

Users who are viewing this thread

Ulbin3

Reaction score
Ulbin 3 sounds like we have a failure to comunicate ! are you pumping because the trap is a few inches high? or because there is no waste line whatsoever in basement? If waste comes into the house 22 inches off floor above how would your toilets and bathtub drain? So you most certainly are not clear . please clarify as nothing looks obvious to me here

Ulbin3

Reaction score
Screenshot_20200825-165138_Messages.jpg

Reach4

Reaction score
Most washing machines can pump to 96 inches above the floor. So if it is function you are looking for, pumping to a high standpipe should not be a problem. Adding a pump will not increase function.

Now if a pump causes you to meet code somehow, I don't know about that. http://epubs.iapmo.org/NSPC/NJ2018/mobile/index.html#p=10

If you also want to add a toilet or bathroom for the basement, then you could go with a full sealed septic pit. That can handle the toilet waste in addition to laundry etc. That would need a vent to the roof.

Terry H

In the Trades
Reaction score
Yea after seeing it other then it not following code exactly it is your only choice and I think the inspector will be ok. The new ones have a good pump in them.

Jeff H Young

In the Trades
Reaction score
A picture tells a thousand words . and nulifys 10,000 words that aint what you said

Jeff H Young

In the Trades
Reaction score
Code says the trap has to be 18" max off of the floor
You said the house was built that way If you didnt change the plumbing then? If you have an inspector nothing wrong with being up front he might say put a trap as low as possible and an 18 inch stand pipe. unless you actually would prefer the pump

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks