I have a leak.....we're going down!

Users who are viewing this thread

JamesBII

Reaction score
Last night I had to by pass my resin tank. It seems that I've developed a leak! It looks to be between the resin tank and the control unit. From what I've researched, it seems that the tank is cracked and needs to be replaced. So here is my question(s)
1. Is this correct? Is there anything I can do?
2. How much to replace just the tank?
3. What is the difference between the kind I have, resin tank & seperate salt tank vs the ones at home depot that is all one unit (Kenmore)
4. A plumber quoted me 1100 for a new softener. Is that about the price?

Skip Wolverton

In the Trades
Reaction score
Website
www.servicemagic.com
Last night I had to by pass my resin tank. It seems that I've developed a leak! It looks to be between the resin tank and the control unit. From what I've researched, it seems that the tank is cracked and needs to be replaced. So here is my question(s)
1. Is this correct? Is there anything I can do?
2. How much to replace just the tank?
3. What is the difference between the kind I have, resin tank & seperate salt tank vs the ones at home depot that is all one unit (Kenmore)
4. A plumber quoted me 1100 for a new softener. Is that about the price?
1. It may be the tank is cracked. The valve may be a little lose. You can try tighting.
2. That depends on where you buy it. Online would be most likely the less expensive.
3. The quality. You take a chance with the HD or Sears units. Some last, some don't.
4. You can get a good unit online for around $600.00

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks