Re: Cost to Replace Faucets
Posted by Sylvan Tieger on July 31, 2004 at 13:02:40:
In response to Re: Cost to Replace Faucets
: What would a range of cost be for replacing a kitchen or bathroom faucet? Just for installation - replacing an older one that is already there.

: I know prices are regional but just a ballpark will do.

: Thanks, Ruby

Hi Ruby,

Depending on the type of faucet (brand)
Just the labor I normally charge $270 plus materials

Of course this price can go much higher depending on job conditions.

Let me try to put this into prospective.

You go into an office building 40 stories high and see there are over 4,000 lawyers in this building.

You go to each office and ask the hourly rate of each law firm.

Notice a difference? Same with doctors some accept the chump change an HMO offers, others who are really talented will not accept an HMO but want more for their families and themselves

Not all "plumbers" are created equal and some know their actual worth or their employees talents and charge accordingly.

I pay my regular mechanics $30 in the envelope (non union) and my top guy gets $45 per hr plus profit sharing etc.

Want to know if a contractor is successful just look at how their employees live.

(EVERYONE deserves a decent salary IF they are truly qualified)

On top of this I have to cover my vans, insurance TRAINING and other expenses attributed to running a legitimate business.

Just my master Fire supression insurance cost me $2,000 per month not including my other master licenses.

Someone has to pay for this.

So before you settle for bottom line pricing ask your contractor is he insured, licensed,etc.

If a contractor pays his /her employees at poverty level salary then of course they can charge much less LIKE the CRAPOLA imported from third world countries where the workers are paid pennies on the dollar a civilized country pays their workers.

There is a lot to consider when asking for a "price" Go ask a Mercedes dealer how much for a 30,000 mile tune up for a 190E 2.3-16 then ask the local Subaru dealer how much to tune up a Forrester.

Same size engine BUT one cost slightly under $180 and the other cost over $960.00

Everyone has to know their own worth.

Normally you do get what you pay for

Replies to this post
There are none.