Re: Jameco toilets
Posted by LonnythePlumber on July 30, 2004 at 23:34:25:
In response to Re: Jameco toilets
: : Does anyone know about Jameco toilets? I have seen one at Lowe's Hardware, but can find no information about them on line. I am not familiar with the brand, but the price seems right. I don't want to make a mistake and purchase a toilet that is not up to par, and would appreciate any information anyone could give me regarding this. Thanks

: Reply:
: As far as I know, Jameco makes plumbing fittings; traps, strainers and the like.
: If the toilet that you saw is a real inexpensive model, ($49.00 or so) I would stay far away. Spend a few bucks extra and get a well known brand. Terry Love has a very good review of toilets on his home page, check it out.
: I have a Kohler elongated Wellworth in one bathroom that actually surprised me, it flushes better than the American Standard Champions that I have been installing recently.
: Toto $$$ is a very good flushing toilet, so is Crane $$ and Gerber $$.
: e-plumber

Experiences differ. I'm spooked on the Kohler's and American Standard. Some of our new construction plumbers like Gerbers but I have homeowners that use plungers on their Gerbers. Get a toto. It is gross that all across the country people can not get their toilets to flush out of their buildings.
I also prefer the St. Thomas and Eljer toilets but we all agree on TOTO. LonnythePlumber

Replies to this post
There are none.